Cards Section

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Fan Card Ideas?

You are certainly welcome Beau! (insert Beauregard smiley here) I think maybe we should form a fan cards section of the forum where forum members can create their own themed cards that can be personalized by the sender. I know there are many Photoshop artists and illustrators that could get the ball rolling. And maybe when the MC Cards section is back up they can be catalogued in their own section. I think that would be the best idea for now. Thoughts? :coy:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
4 years!

Well, it's been well over 4 years since the cards section went down and it's still not up. Is the cards section dead? :confused:

Is there a straight answer on this? :sympathy:

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Well, it's been well over 4 years since the cards section went down and it's still not up. Is the cards section dead? :confused:

Is there a straight answer on this? :sympathy:
Is there a straight answer on anything here...? If it's not maintaining forum security or plugging ebay and Amazon links, it seems there's nothing by backwards handling and hushed tactics on MC anymore.

dmoss

Reaction score
I've not been here too long, but I do know that you're very right, Prawn! I'm afraid the admin team is too big for their britches when they can't return PM's to members with questions or suggestions for the site, and won't directly reply to anyone. It's a shame, and I almost felt offended on a few occasions.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I'm going to actually address the elephant in the room here instead of just serving him cheesy doodles.

A- Could this be a case of legal issues of Disney, Henson and/or Sesame Workshop not wanting MC to send out fan-made ecards?

B- Did Smig pull his beautiful Muppet artwork from MC in favor of Tough Pigs' exclusivity?

C- Is the software too expensive or difficult to implement?

All of this is okay! However, I created one of the best froggin' animated menus on MC for the Cards section that has been useless for over four years. There are simple solutions for all of these issues, but ignoring them has made me and others feel marginalized and dismissed.

Solution A- That would bite if we legally couldn't have a cards section, but there must be some other available Muppet themed ecards online somewhere. It would be nice to provide a link either way. That's the kind of ad that directly benefits the Muppet brands.

Solution B - It would also bite if we lost access to Smig's fantastic and extensive body of work, but there are enough darn good fan artists around here to pick up the slack. That could actually unite the MC community.

Solution C- If there's no software available to adequately send ecards, then at least post the images so that fans can copy the images and send them out as needed.

Ultimately, there is no reason for the Cards section to be in its current state and it's disheartening that's been the case for over 4 years.

Please address these issues, Phillip. I think MC would be much better for it. Thanks!

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
As has always been the case, there are some technical issues that need to be resolved in order to get the cards section back on-line again. I’ll see to it that this gets resolved in the very near future. I agree, the cards section has been gone for too long.

Thanks in advance for your understanding and patience for a little longer.

Count von Count

Reaction score
Is there any news on the card section?
It's been 5 years now :frown: I really miss them.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
We're moving to an upgraded server later this month. After the move, we'll do some tests on the cards section and we'll get it back as soon as possible.