Wanted: Here Come The Puppets!

muppetfan89

Reaction score
can someone tell me what show/special this scene came from, cause I remember seeing it once before, but I can't remember where it came from. Here's the scene.

Kermit and Fozzie are inside a television set.

Fozzie: Don't look, but...there is somebody underneath me.

Kermit: What?

Fozzie: Don't look! Don't look! Oh, you know what there's somebody underneath you too.

Fozzie: You know what? He's got a beard.

that's all I remember from it.

KermiClown

Reaction score
That scene is from the documentary Here Come The Puppets!

From the Muppet Wiki:

"Here Come the Puppets was a special taped for PBS documenting the Union Internationale de la Marionette (UNIMA)-USA Festival in 1980, held at the Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts. The special was co-hosted by Kermit the Frog and Jim Henson and featured performances by Burr Tillstrom, Shari Lewis, Bil Baird and the Muppets...

"The special begins with Fozzie and Kermit talking about being puppets. Soon after, Jim and Kermit (in his news reporter attire) host the special."

muppetsliveon

Reaction score
I think it was on the bonus features of season 3 of the muppet show.

Fluffets

Reaction score
can someone tell me what show/special this scene came from, cause I remember seeing it once before, but I can't remember where it came from. Here's the scene.

Kermit and Fozzie are inside a television set.

Fozzie: Don't look, but...there is somebody underneath me.

Fozzie: Don't look! Don't look! Oh, you know what there's somebody underneath you too.

Fozzie: You know what? He's got a beard.

that's all I remember from it.
Sounds cool, sadly I'm no use though as I've never even heard of it, sounds great though! :insatiable:

InspiredByJim

Reaction score
Here Come the Puppets was a PBS show highlighting an annual convention of puppeteers from around the world. Jim Henson hosted the event in Washington DC. It was shown on PBS in 1980, and I was lucky enough to see it. It was informative about how most countries consider puppets a legitimate form of entertainment for adults as well as children, and not just "entertainment for kids."

gravy

Reaction score
I have the full thing, but I uploaded the intro a while ago.