How did you discover Fraggle Rock?

muppet baby

Reaction score
I love this show sooooooooooooooo much , OK i will start this thread LOL .

When did you first started watching fraggle Rock ? The live acton one that was on HBO or the aninmated one that was on saterday mornings for a while .

Ok the very frist time that i discovered fraggle rock was the animatied series , on saterday mornings we never had Satilie until Fraggle rock was off the air on HBO so my frist taste of Fraggle Rock was with the Animated series on Saterday morning and loved it . I also had some of the books that came from a book club along with the book bag YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA:excited:

i also found some of the live action epsodes found them on VHS some time later at a video store , that my mom and dad would take me to to rent some VHS on a weekly basis , we had to rent a lot sense we did not have a lot of money to buy a lot of VHS at the time .

I fell in love with both of them . They where both a comfort food for me along with all the muppets .

i am so glad to finally have the complete series on DVD right now . Just like when i was a kid Fraggle Rock beings the same comfort and fun Just the same , i am having a daily marathon to watch the series all the way though LOL looking forward of the years of being able to do that . Great Muppet friends they are .

:excited:

Redsonga

Reaction score
Repost:

I was late actually seeing the Fraggle Rock show, that is I always had the toys (Just a Red Car and a Fraggle Rocker drum) etc but I never saw the characters as themselves until I think, PBS re-ran them when I was about twelve...

muppet baby

Reaction score
Repost:

I was late actually seeing the Fraggle Rock show, that is I always had the toys (Just a Red Car and a Fraggle Rocker drum) etc but I never saw the characters as themselves until I think, PBS re-ran them when I was about twelve...
wow Redsonga, i am so glad that you said that about the PBS reun actually i saw one or two re runs on PBS , after i rented some VHS eposdes in the video store LOL

Redsonga

Reaction score
The funny thing is that my PBS only ran a few episodes of the first season (mostly gorg episodes) and the last season (mostly Red episodes) , all out of order, at an odd time in the afternoon after school and on the weekend, and only for about a month before they stopped showing it :frown:. And yet, I still remembered it years later when I saw them in the season sets :smile:.

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
I was actually very late to the game. I was only 2 or 3 when the show came out, and I don't believe we had HBO at the time, either. When I watched the Muppet Family Christmas special, I had no idea who they were :S I might've seen a select episode or two when they released some on VHS, but until I bought the DVDs the majority of it was new to me *is ashamed*

RedPiggy

Reaction score
I remember catching a few episodes when my father took us on vacation or something ... it was the only way we saw HBO

I barely remember the cartoon. Though I remember having Happy Meal FR stuff.

Quazimoto

Reaction score
I was kinda lucky I guess... We could actually afford HBO (this was before they added about a billion HBO channels) so I pretty much grew up with the Fraggles. The series started right aorund when I was born and according to my parents, I seemed to love it so much that they started recording the episodes each week. I watched those tapes over and over again right up until the DVDs started to come out.

Redsonga

Reaction score
Ooo..now that is something..I would not mind seeing FR as it ran on HBO with things like the ads and other thingies left in buned on a DVD or something. Since I do have offical copies now IMHO it wouldn't even be unlawful :wink:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I'm a little bit...cough...older than some of you so I found out about Fraggle Rock back when Muppets easily marketed themselves in Muppet Magazine! That's where I ordered all of the Fraggle toys (yes, I had the Fraggle five plushes, Uncle Matt, some wind up Doozers, all of the figure PVCs, lots of books and stickers, some of the cassette tapes and VHS compilations). I even took some trips to NYC's Muppet Stuff Store that had a lot of Fraggley goodness.

I didn't have HBO so I had to watch it at my grandparents' house (across the country from us), on vacation in hotels with cable or at friends' houses. I only caught about a quarter of the shows until recently. I did watch some of the animated series and noticed it once or twice on the Disney Channel much later. Still, my fond Fraggle memories are rooted in the 80s. I firmly believe Fraggle Rock to be one of the primary leaders in the growth of children’s cable television. If only it still had that sort of quality that entertains those of all ages like Red and Boober! :excited:

muppet baby

Reaction score
Ooo..now that is something..I would not mind seeing FR as it ran on HBO with things like the ads and other thingies left in buned on a DVD or something. Since I do have offical copies now IMHO it wouldn't even be unlawful :wink:
agree with you so much i wish i could have seen the orgnal HBO eposdes to , more than anything , but Money sucked for us back then the adds would be so great to . sigh we are thinking the same on this .:smile: