How did you discover Fraggle Rock?

alyteima

Reaction score
I was very lucky, one of the few things my parents splurged on was HBO, and I got to see Fraggle Rock when it originally aired there. Fraggle Rock was the first show I can remember watching and I've always loved it.

When I was young, I felt self-conscious about their constantly singing (my family was funny about that kind of stuff) but now I love the songs so much, I have them on my I-pod, LOL. Fraggle Rock really contributed to a happy childhood for me, I really adore it more than I can say.

I love the Gobo and Wembley friendship most of all, always have, even when I was five :smile:

Aly:insatiable:

Kiki

Reaction score
I was born in the 90s, and I don't recall any re-runs of FR on the telly (then again, I live in Aus, so it would be different over here). I borrowed lots of videos from the video-shops, I even recall ages back (gorsh, I must've been about 4!) I was begging my mum not to take one of them back to the shops, lol! But it's hard to say my first experience, because I've loved FR and the muppets fer as long as I can remember. :smile:

beaker

Reaction score
For me, my discovery of Fraggle Rock was through books at the store, lunchboxes, etc. around 1984-85. I was way to poor to have cable, let alone the pay channel HBO. I always to this day find it rather bizarre Jim Henson would set off to make a show aimed at world peace, yet it could only be seen by Canadians and then rich kids in America.

Regardless, I realized Fraggle Rock was a very very special show. I managed to catch a couple episodes at a friend's house and was so blown away. I carried, despite scorn from kids, a Fraggle Rock lunchbox every day to school in third grade. Spent hours reading and rereading the Fraggle Rock books. I remember in 1986 being 8 in a Waldenbooks and having missed the showing of Transformers the movie from reading those. Im glad they are finally all on dvd. And that there is talk of a big revival.

Thankfully I did get to see the Fraggle Rock cartoon in 1988 on CBS morning, and am so glad a few episodes are now on dvd. LOVED that show, still do, and am glad so much merchandise came of it. (A lot of Fraggle Rock merch thats out actually came about because of that particular incarnation)

There is something truly powerful and wonderful about that series and the chemistry, it just bugs me so many children never got to grow up or see it given unlike Muppet Show/Sesame, it wasnt on regular tv.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Thankfully I did get to see the Fraggle Rock cartoon in 1988 on CBS morning, and am so glad a few episodes are now on dvd. LOVED that show, still do, and am glad so much merchandise came of it. (A lot of Fraggle Rock merch thats out actually came about because of that particular incarnation)

There is something truly powerful and wonderful about that series and the chemistry, it just bugs me so many children never got to grow up or see it given unlike Muppet Show/Sesame, it wasnt on regular tv.
Me too. outside of the cartoon, the only place I really saw Fraggles were in various Jim Henson specials like Muppet Family Christmas. I swear I saw one episode once of the actual live action one, but I can't remember if I really did or not.

It wasn't until the DVD's came out that I really got to experiance them. My fault, though... I really should have bought the Disney produced Fraggle DVD's during the great Buena Vista VHS Clearance of '98.... I got all these Ducktales and Rescue Rangers and Bullwinkle ones, but I never picked the Fraggle one up.

Redsonga

Reaction score
I saw so little of the show that getting it on VHS (or that there were even VHSs of it ) never really crossed my mind. My ma did not believe in renting movies or buying them anyway, so wanting them would have not done me any good :frown:

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
Actually, I take it back. I did see a little of the Fraggles as a kid (outside of the Christmas special). But it was only through a clip on the Muppets 30th Anniversary TV special :[ I think it was from the beginning of the first episode, where Matt is talking about Fraggle Rock and the way of Fraggles. Everything else I had to experience through the DVDs.

invisabell

Reaction score
My mom says it was my favorite show when i was like 4. we didn't have HBO but we live in Canada and I'm pretty sure it showed on basic cable up here. I remembered enogh of the show to know i liked it (my tastes havent realy changed much the last 20 years:coy:) to pick up the Box sets, got hooked all over again and now i sing fraggle songs in the car to annoy my brother:insatiable:

Collgoff

Reaction score
Well all I know that my older brother Matthew Goff use to watch Fraggle Rock when he was little and I think I did saw something like that. Anyway when the holidays were coming up and I saw a clip on Youtube that Kermit and nephew Robin came to Fraggle Rock. So after that somehow inside wonder if there were any more of Fraggle Rock so I got the DVDs of the Fraggle Rock and so that's how I discovered it.

Frozann

Reaction score
Of course, Muppet Wiki! :big_grin:
When I was a child, I watched Sesame Street. An year ago I somehow remembered all those things and discovered Muppet Wiki. I watched The Muppet Show. Then Fraggle Rock. That's all.

Slackbot

Reaction score
I never had access to HBO as a kid, so even though I was a big Muppet fan I never saw FR. I guess in my bitterness I decided it was just a kiddie show. I didn't think about it until I found the DVDs on Amazon for a good price, figured what the heck, got the mega-set...and got hooked. I was amazed by how good the show was. Before I'd chewed my way through the whole series I was perpetrating fanfic and fan art.