The Darkwing Duck Thread

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I've noticed this... Launchpad in Ducktales had a full head of hair (or is it fethers drawn to look like hair? Maybe fuzz, like on a newborn duck?), while his Darkwing Duck counterpart has been bald expect for the top knot. Only thing I can think of is that the animators didn't see the original LP model sheet before redesigning the character, and didn't think he had all that hair.
I don't ever remember Launchpad being seen without his hat on Ducktales. But I know that he was seen with a full head of hair in Trading Faces (where he and Honker trade bodies, while Darkwing and Gosalyn also trade bodies), and I recently saw an epsidoe on youtube (forget the title) that had a scene with Launchpad pretending to be a game show host, and he had full hair as well. The onyl episode I know of where he was shown bald was Battle of the Brain Teasers. Oddly enough, I recall seeing it on TV as a child, and I saw that on youtube recently, and it seems that he's seen without his hat in that one less than I'd remembered. My memories are that after the hat aliens get removed from the heads and captured, that Launchpad was still shown without his hat, yet when I watched it on youtube, his alien hat came off off-screen, and he's shown with his regular hat already on in his next scene.

Another odd thing, regarding the Trading Faces episode, is that when Launchpad and Honker first trade places, Launchpad's hat is still on his body, and Honker's glasses are on his body, before they switch, but when their bodies get back to normal, Laucnhpad's hat is suddenly on his head, and Honker's body is suddenly wearing his glasses again.

It is a little weird that on youtube, many episodes are split into three parts, but I've been having trouble finding certain parts (usually the first parts). Even in search results.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Iy's interesting. It seems like Jim Cummings was the only cast member to provide multiple voices. The others got one voice each. Especialy odd that Dan Castlenetta, who does many different regular voices on The Simpsons, only did the vocie of Megavolt (he also only provided one vocie on Taz-Mania, that being the voice of Mr. Thickley). I've also noticed that Rob Paulsen seems to only do one vocie when he's on a Disney show, but when on Warner Bros. shows (Taz-Mania, Tiny Toons, Animaniacs) he provides multiple voices.

JJandJanice

Reaction score
The green duck with pink hair was called Bushroot. He was a mutant plant duck who had the power to control plant life.

The weasel was named Megavolt. He had the power to shoot electricity. Darkwing claims that Megavolt is his number one arch enemy.

And Tuskerninni was the walrus who was a former movie actor and uses acting and movie equipment to commit crimes.
Actually I believe Megavolt was a rat, but I guess it can be hard to tell, :confused:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
It is interesting that the action figure line included Tuskernini instead of Quackerjack (who has amore appealing marketing look) or Negaduck (though I don't have any childhood memories of him). I don't remember Tuskernini appearing very much. When the toys were released I didn't recall seeing him or Bushroot, though after reading about the show on Wikipedia, it seems like Bushroot was on the show more than I remember. Ironically, the first Darkwing Duck figure I got was Tuskernini, despite not knowing who he was (and yes, I got him by choice. But from what i can remember, the only other figure in the store that day was Gosalyn).

Son of Enik

Reaction score
Ah...was a big fan of Darkwing Duck, I even got my pic with him in WDW a few years back. That reminds me...I need to get a scanner! But yeah, love Darkwing Duck...and it is available on DVD.

Drtooth

Reaction score
From Disney afternoon show standards this show was pretty dark. Not just the episode "Hot Spells" but also the episode "Night of the Living Spud" which was the origin of Bushroot.
Beauty and the Beat was the origen... Night of the Living Spud was the one where Bushroot wants a bride, and Spike accidentally gives him a potato instead of a flower... and Darkwing is accused of being a vampire... "... get the diesel fuel!"

And let's not forget the one where Darkwing "died" and Heaven and Hades were both fighting over who should have his soul.

And I've seen a lot of bullets and gunplay that normally wouldn't be in a cartoon. And I love it.

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
The weasel was named Megavolt. He had the power to shoot electricity. Darkwing claims that Megavolt is his number one arch enemy.
Darkwing claims all his villains are his number 1 enemy, from Megavolt, to Steelbeak, to Bushroot, to Negaduck, etc.

He says that throughout the cartoon series.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
According to Wikipedia, there were episodes where Darkwing got assistance from certain enemies, including Megavolt, Bushroot, and either Negaduck or Quackerjack, but the pages that mention those episodes don't include titles (they are mentioned on the appropriate character pages).

And I don't think Bushroot really looked or seemed like a bad guy.

I wonder if there were ever any issues over making Megavolt into an action figure, due to his helmet resembling a plug. Of course I think my parents told me not to put it into an outlit, but I wodner if there ever was concern over it.

Erine81981

Reaction score
Loved it ever since i saw it for the first time on Disney's Afternoon. I had a couple of the comics and i think i either had maybe one of the action figures but can't really remember. I have the volume 1 but can't seem to find volume 2 anywhere. I still have the first VHS that came out of the first episode which was one hour before being split into two episodes. Hope they come out with the rest of the episodes on DVD soon.

Drtooth

Reaction score
And I don't think Bushroot really looked or seemed like a bad guy.
Bushroot was always a reluctant villain to me. other than a couple times where he seemed evil, he mostly just wound up experimenting or doing something that caused trouble... Night of the Living Spud for one... Almost as if he wanted to stay a mild mannered scientist, but caught up in the wrong crowd (The Fearsome Five for example). The Yucky Duck episode (I forget the episode title exactly, which is pretty embarassing) it's almost as if Bushroot wants to just be friends with Darkwing....

I wonder if there were ever any issues over making Megavolt into an action figure, due to his helmet resembling a plug. Of course I think my parents told me not to put it into an outlit, but I wodner if there ever was concern over it.
There was probably more concern that the figure had a flint or something in it that caused it to spark. But I remember those. I wish I had more of them, but I had about Half, DW, Honker, Bushroot and Megavolt. I got a used Launchpad years later... but I never got the entire set.

I'm miffed that they were going to have a series 2 which included Morgana and Gizmoduck, and they didn't sell enough of series 1 to warrant a second series...