Palisades prototypes

Fluffets

Reaction score
Palisades' Muppets line was acclaimed, but since the Muppets didn't have anything consistent (tv show or film) going Palisades figures started to sink after series two and never quite recovered. Stores have even less faith in Fraggles. The media projects really have to be around to support figures and other products. That's the way it is. Would cool Fraggle figures be successful right now? I think so, but once the film comes out they'll be even more popular. However, the merchandise will likely be cheaper than what Palisades or MindStyle would release.

So, that's why. It's not an answer I like, but them's the facts as I know them to be.

I still think there's a market to be had with Fraggles. MindStyle didn't quite get it so they delayed their figures, but in short runs through smaller retailers like Hot Topic - Fraggles = good business. :coy:
But the DVDs and Plushies are doin pretty good so why not action figures?

JJandJanice

Reaction score
But the DVDs and Plushies are doin pretty good so why not action figures?
Well really the DVDs and plushies are totally done, so that they were doing good, their not doing so good now, :wink:.

But to answer your question, the action figure market is a slimer market than that of DVDs and plushies, cause usually, young kids or real hardcore fans would be interested in buying action figures.

Since Fraggle Rock isn't really what's in right now like say Pokemon, wrestling or whatever Marvel movie is out, most toy companies wouldn't be interested in making action figures of Fraggle Rock. Sure the DVDs sold well, but just cause people want to buy the dvds doesn't mean they would want to buy the action figures. You have to remember that not everyone who buys Fraggle dvds would be a bigger collector and want to spend their money on figures as well.

Fluffets

Reaction score
Well really the DVDs and plushies are totally done, so that they were doing good, their not doing so good now, :wink:.

But to answer your question, the action figure market is a slimer market than that of DVDs and plushies, cause usually, young kids or real hardcore fans would be interested in buying action figures.

Since Fraggle Rock isn't really what's in right now like say Pokemon, wrestling or whatever Marvel movie is out, most toy companies wouldn't be interested in making action figures of Fraggle Rock. Sure the DVDs sold well, but just cause people want to buy the dvds doesn't mean they would want to buy the action figures. You have to remember that not everyone who buys Fraggle dvds would be a bigger collector and want to spend their money on figures as well.

Well there might be a chance if the movie hits the streets in the near future. :excited:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Totally.

And have you noticed the extreme shrinkage of the toy market in the US? My goodness, barely any stores even got monsters vs aliens toys. Unless its Dragon Ball, Transformers, Pokemon, GI Joe, Star Wars, DC/Marvel, or wrestling there's a very slim chance of collector's toys getting shelf space these days. Even NECA seems harder to find, and they seem to be the only other company besides Mcfarlane doing non Target/Walmart/Toys R Us toys.
Tell me about it. Other than a few game based toy lines (and they aren't as common as you'd expect, outside of Halo) the only things I see are movie lines, cartoons based off of movie lines, comic book lines, movie lines based off comic book lines, and cartoon based on movie based on comic book lines. And the occasional crummy "anime" collectible battling toys based on those dull, formulaic Pokemon knockoffs that keep surfacing. The independent toy companies moved on to blind box vynals and large over priced vynals... I haven't been able to get really excited about a toy line since the Muppet line was over. Family Guy to an extent, but I never did get the ones I really wanted, except for Adam West.

I don't even know what keeps MacFarline going... I never see any of their stuff sell, and their best lines (Hanna Barbera) seem to be the only ones that they drop.... I'm sure the sports heroes sell well at stadiums, but I always saw them lay lazily on the pegs wave after wave.

Foodie

Reaction score
Which one? Is the gobo smirk meant to be a clue?

Well, I use the Gobo smirk for everything here but yeah. The Palisades Proto-Gobo figure lives at my house. It's just kinda cool to see that he has his own Muppet Wiki... or Wiki Muppet entry. :smirk: