Fraggle Pairings

Alpha Centauri

Reaction score
Opps I didn't realize that Redsonga had already bought up Sidebottom's Blues episode. Anyway Red and Boober always seemed to act like a sister and brother to me.

Redsonga

Reaction score
Yup, yup 'Sidebottom Blues' is epic flinging :3
I think the brother/sister idea for Red and Boober holds up very well :smile:.

Alpha Centauri

Reaction score
I think the brother/sister idea for Red and Boober holds up very well :).[/QUOTE said:
Red tease Boober like a sister would her brother and could view him as a boring older brother figure and I think Boober tens to see her as an annoying sister at times.

In the season one episode Marooned, Boober comforts Red like an older brother would.

I like what you said about Gobo/Mokey being a crush that never goes away and never goes anywhere.

And now some Mokey/Boober evidence. In the Muppet Family Christmas, when Kermit and Robin meet the Fraggles Mokey gives Boober a pebble and he kisses her on the cheek and Mokey seemed quite happy about him kissing her.

Redsonga

Reaction score
Mokey and Boober always seem a bit happier when they are together I've noticed :smile:. Even though Mokey is often seen as a very happy fraggle she has a sort of unspoken gloom that she uses in poems and things (I think it might have something to do with her wanting to change the fraggle world to make even better somehow but not really having the know how to do it). When they are together a lot of both glooms seems to be canceled out :smile:.
With Gobo/Mokey I think that the crush that doesn't go anywhere is just very realistic. I mean it happens all the time in real life, why not with fraggles? :smile:

Alpha Centauri

Reaction score
True, also I see Mokey as being Boobers comfort too, I don't remember what episode it was, but the mine fraggles were upset about something and Boober was sort of hugging Mokey from behind and when she started to walk he was still holding on to her and walking with her. It was really cute.

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
^ Yeah, Mokey is all about peace and art and a worried, paranoid fraggle like Boober really needs somebody like that to keep things calm.

Morgan Clueless

Reaction score
(Sorry if I'm intruding. :embarrassed: It's been a while since I've been on, but when I found this thread, I just had to reply!)

I personally was totally for Mokey/Boober when I was introduced to the series, mainly because they were my top faves. But once I got into it, I also liked Red/Gobo, Sidebottom/Red, C-John/Pink Fragglette, and a slew of others.

Also, while this is not canon and possibly unlikely in the first place, I thought, since the Minstrels and the Old Gypsy Lady travel around a lot, they probably somehow met by chance at some point. :wink:

Redsonga

Reaction score
Well, the good thing about the writing side of fandom is that you can do stories for many couples and make it all fit. IMHO I don't think Mokey/Boober cancels out Red/Boober in fanfic-dom, but I think as far as the show goes there might be more support for Mokey/Boober or Sidebottom/Red (A note on pairings, usually I put the more forceful of the two first. Where as Boober is happy to be 2nd 99% of the time IMHO, I think Sidebottom would be..something to be in love with. *pictures Sidebottom/Mokey* *rating of pretend story goes up by itself* O.O)

Morgan Clueless

Reaction score
Well, the good thing about the writing side of fandom is that you can do stories for many couples and make it all fit. IMHO I don't think Mokey/Boober cancels out Red/Boober in fanfic-dom, but I think as far as the show goes there might be more support for Mokey/Boober or Sidebottom/Red.
That's the fun of fanfics: Anything is possible! *Spongebob-style rainbow hands*

Then again, I'll support just about any pairing that sticks to me, whether or not canon applies! :flirt:

(A note on pairings, usually I put the more forceful of the two first.
Personally, I just go with whatever order I think sounds catchier, and if I can, I'll even mash the names together.

Where as Boober is happy to be 2nd 99% of the time IMHO, I think Sidebottom would be..something to be in love with. *pictures Sidebottom/Mokey* *rating of pretend story goes up by itself* O.O)
That must be some really awesome story! :crazy:

Redsonga

Reaction score
Let's just say it would be at least PG-13 if Sidebottom had anything to do with it o.o
*story taps on shoulder*
No, I will not write you :stick_out_tongue:!