pigs haven't been used much this decade

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I've noticed that for the majority of this decade, most pig characters besides Miss Piggy haven't been used at all in any productions. Howard Tubman had a cameo in It's a Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie, and a similar-looking pig was used in Tinseltown, but otherwise we haven't seen the pgis used. Not extras, not pigs with established personalities, none. I wonder why this is.

Link, Strangepork, Andy, and Randy all appeared in Muppet Party Cruise, but that was in computer form. No use of puppets.

dwmckim

Reaction score
After Spamela Hamderson's starturn in Muppets Tonight, Miss Piggy made sure to go for some more hardball contract negotiations!

Redsonga

Reaction score
*misses Link and his porky-ness*
By now I am surprised we have never seen Piggy's mother :confused:

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Now Piggy's mom would be wonderfull, I really do miss Link. and the interaction that he and Piggy had.

I would not worry about not seeing many pigs. I have a feeling that with the new Muppet Comic books they will add more pigs, and that will trinkle down to the productions and they will add more pigs as well.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Well, the pigs aren't neccessarily my favorite characters. I have just noticed recently that hardly any Muppet pigs besides Piggy have been used in a long time. I guess it's possible that Link and Strangepork may have worn out (though I don't know for sure), but I would be surprised if all the other pig puppets have worn out by now.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
they may have but I'm sure that if they needed more pigs they could build some in the workshop, It's not like now that Disney owns the Muppets that there not going to make anymore, Ya know. There may be some desingn or something of strangepork & Link, I'm sure that they would not just let thouse to just rot in a closet somewhere.

zns

Reaction score
Obviously they've been using the one pig that we all know and love. :mad::mad::mad:

Baby Gonzo

Reaction score
I don't think I would want to see Piggy's mother. Wasn't she supposedly treated badly by her mother? That sort of adds a serious level to her back story that I wouldn't want to see elaborated on. Especially if it were made humorous somehow. Though that's just how I feel about it.

I would love to see Link and Strangepork and the other pigs. Pigs are just as crucial an element as chickens and monsters in the Muppet family.

Redsonga

Reaction score
It's just we got to see Kermit's backstory, so why not Piggy's? :\ I mean I think it would be a good thing if she faced her ma and it showed how far she has come :smile:...They have done serious stories without ruining the muppet feeling before :smile:

Baby Gonzo

Reaction score
It's just we got to see Kermit's backstory, so why not Piggy's? :\ I mean I think it would be a good thing if she faced her ma and it showed how far she has come :smile:...They have done serious stories without ruining the muppet feeling before :smile:

That's true... Though personally, I can see more reason for it going wrong than right. I guess in my mind, it sounds okay written on paper or even if a character mentions it in passing, but to actually see it would just be too heavy. And adding humorous elements just doesn't seem like it would work.

There are so many other Muppet related things that I would rather see than this. Something about the idea just makes me cringe a bit.