Is Dinosaurs Really Muppet Worlds?

Redsonga

Reaction score
Youre right, it would be strange for JHC to create this fantastic world with deep resonating culture and story only to render it all just set pieces and such.
That's all I meant:excited:. It would just be sad to me:sympathy:. Sort of like saying the magic of it wasn't real (which would go against, like the whole ending of the show o.o).
I mean with Dinosaurs it was set in a time, place, and theme that pretty much had to make it 'just a tv show' to them, since they were so self aware that it was kind of a dinosaur version of the human world..
Fraggle Rock was more like a timeless bubble that could have fit in anywhere, even today...I dunno, sort of like a new age, peace on earth version of Narnia with little furry things :3..If you just look over there in the old barn, when the moon is just right on a rainy day, maybe you'll find a fraggle hole:coy:

beaker

Reaction score
That's all I meant:excited:. It would just be sad to me:sympathy:. Sort of like saying the magic of it wasn't real (which would go against, like the whole ending of the show o.o).
I mean with Dinosaurs it was set in a time, place, and theme that pretty much had to make it 'just a tv show' to them, since they were so self aware that it was kind of a dinosaur version of the human world..
Fraggle Rock was more like a timeless bubble that could have fit in anywhere, even today...I dunno, sort of like a new age, peace on earth version of Narnia with little furry things If you just look over there in the old barn, when the moon is just right on a rainy day, maybe you'll find a fraggle hole
Oh no I agree 1000%. In fact, thats why I cant help tear up whilst seeing the last episode.

However, what was cool is that each and every Fraggle could *then* go into our world as they pleased. "Outer Space", such a great concept and I know they are going to really run with that if that FR film ever gets made.

But I like the idea of the possibility of a Fraggle hole being anywhere:smile: And they used that to great use in Muppet Family Christmas. (I wish Gonzo and Camila had found one in Muppets @WDW, heh

RedPiggy

Reaction score
It's still possible for FR to be magic and yet the show we watched be a show. The show could just chronicle what happened until Fraggles learned they could go anywhere in Outer Space. Then, they could have joined with humans to create a show based on those adventures in the Rock and such.

Redsonga

Reaction score
It's still possible for FR to be magic and yet the show we watched be a show. The show could just chronicle what happened until Fraggles learned they could go anywhere in Outer Space. Then, they could have joined with humans to create a show based on those adventures in the Rock and such.
I dunno, it still sounds a little unfraggley, given how fraggles feel about work and money and things...I just like the idea of it being real (to them) more an it being based on something real (to them). It's just something about the believability and knowing that even though the fraggles visit and explore outer space they haven't become so human in their thinking they've joined the human race and our idea of jobs :smile:

RedPiggy

Reaction score
I don't really think they'd focus on work or money, though. Fraggles worked on lots of plays within episodes ... they would probably just do it for fun like their plays.

Redsonga

Reaction score
Hm, maybe, but still, that is right up there with fraggles driving cars to me...I just can't see it...
I guess it is because I think of what the poor little things might come across in Hollywood to get there to people that would actually treat them right :confused: (that's part of my fanfic idea actually)..
I see the Dinosaurs as just actors but at the same time: if they came from the past how could they have been actors in the 90's human world ? :confused:

muppet baby

Reaction score
I had thought i had seen ever eposides of the Dinosors show i really love it LOL . i had forgoten that it was a henson production until i got the seasns one and 2 dvds .

I can not wait to get the eposides with grunge in them i really like them in Fraggle Rock .

I think also that this show belongs in the creature shop , catagory .

i think that is how Jim would have wanted it and seemed intented that way , i say this because of what the premire eposide said on the dvd that it was a work of the creature shop . :embarrassed: i hope that i am right on how i remember that . From what i saw on the dvd it was also something that aired for the premire eposide .

Does anyone remember that little word peaice from the season 1 polaite eposide, from when it aired oregnally or on the dvd set ?

beaker

Reaction score
You should already be able to see Gunge. He was in "The Howling", which was season 1, IIRC. An AMV, but this vid of mine proves he was in that ep at the beginning

I forgot which seasons the other 3 eps are in. However, you should, I think, see him at least twice if you have seasons 1 and 2.
Wow, that is Gunge! And he talks. Nice clip.

Well, in rewatching the intro to Dinosaurs here( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5HnNh2IguT8 ) that does seem pretty Muppety. And just look at all the little creatures that pop up in that intro...very...Muppet like.

I usually associate "Creature Shop" with dark/serious fantasy stuff.

But given the development period of Dinosaurs(1990), it's very close to the era of Jim Henson Hour/MuppetTelevision, where the line between Muppets and Creature shop was heavily blurred.

Man this is a tough one...a cursory look at the characters in Dinosaurs, and they look like Creature Shop. But the comedy aspect, the way they move, the puppetry aspect of many of the characters, the very Muppet-ish background characters...hmmm...

*would be interested in more people's take*