Your Thoughts: The Muppet Show Comic Book

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Every comic book store in Jersey seems to be completely sold out. Even Jay & Silent Bob's Secret Stash in Red Bank. :frown:

Drtooth

Reaction score
I hope that means they actually ordered them. If they all sold out, that's a VERY good sign.

Anyone have a link to all the variant covers? is it up on Muppet Wiki yet?

SgtGonzoPepper

Reaction score
Just got the first issue. Very good. Mr. Langridge did an amazing job. Felt a little short, but I'm sure getting the other issues will fix that. But still this was the best comic I've read in awhile. Love the new design, and love Langridge's style. When the only problem I can find with a book, is the time it took to get here, that's a good sign. :cool:

The Narrator

Reaction score
I've read the comic a few time since this weekend and, well, I'm not feeling the love that most readers here seemed to have. I think this is a case where the comic put into sharp relief what I like about the Muppets versus what the author and artist like. There's nothing I could really find that I didn't like about the comic and can't fault it for succeeding at what it was trying to do, but it never really fully clicked for me. I could never truly "hear" the characters in my head--something that I rarely fail to do while reading the Buffy or Farscape comics.

Incidentally, I'm a bit confused by some of the reviews who praised the comic for only showing the characters from the waist up. Were we reading the same comic or were they just reviewing the cover? I saw plenty of leg moments. I had no problem with it, but it definitely didn't jive with some of the text I'd read about the comic beforehand.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I have to agree with you with the waist-up portion of your critique. I don't find that a selling-point because it is inherently limiting and wasn't really that prevalent in Langridge's book.

But other than that I really did enjoy the first book. The particular character voices might not be quite there yet, but I felt the situational context was right on. I'm interested in his Gonzo and Piggy devoted comics. I think that writing will be a better indicator of character voice than Kermit or even Fozzie.

Andibcool

Reaction score
Oh whats up with boom! ? When i add 1 comic to the card and go for shipping cost quote they charge 27.50 $ to germany :boo:

So i would pay 30.50$ for a 3 $ comic book .... suuuuuuuuuuuure.
I bet you coud send it as big letter for like 5-7 $ even 1st class mail is like 11-15 $ for a parcel.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
According to a recent Tough Pigs interview, Roger Langridge said that he's not too knowledgable on who the performers are (aside from some of the main ones), so I am wodnering, does the book have much dialogue between any characters who have been performed by the same person at any time?

Andibcool

Reaction score
Does anyone know the dimentions of one and two comic books ?

Maximum
Length15 inches
Height12 inches
Thickness3/4 inch

When the envelope is in this size and can hold one or two comic books shipping with 1st clas mail would only be 1.20-1.40 $ then.

Would be good to know maybe i find someone that is willing to send me a copy of issue 1 . Not for free of course.

Drtooth

Reaction score
According to a recent Tough Pigs interview, Roger Langridge said that he's not too knowledgable on who the performers are (aside from some of the main ones), so I am wodnering, does the book have much dialogue between any characters who have been performed by the same person at any time?
I really didn't notice. Seemed that Kermit was talking to Fozzie, Gonzo, and Robin the most... but then, of course, since this is a comic, there's no reason why you couldn't have same performers' characters talk to each other.