Your Thoughts: The Muppet Show Comic Book

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Langridge draws Hilda a lot (he seems to be fond of incorporating Mildred and Hilda as audience members or in random places) but this was the first issue where for some odd reason she was colored differently.
Really? This is the first I've seen/noticed Hilda in a Langridged-drawn comic (I know she was in issue 2 or 3 of The Treasure of Peg-Leg Wilson but those are the only issues of The Muppet Show Comic Book I have not seen in full).

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Well it's been released for over a week, but tough pigs has finally posted a review of issue #9.

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
I *just* bought the Muppet Show: Family Reunion book on Amazon simply because I heard Skeeter shows up :wink: Finding individual issues has been very difficult, and when you go to Boom's official site, everything is sold out!

theprawncracker

Reaction score
I *just* bought the Muppet Show: Family Reunion book on Amazon simply because I heard Skeeter shows up :wink: Finding individual issues has been very difficult, and when you go to Boom's official site, everything is sold out!
Are there quotes on the back of the book? If so, could you let me know who/what sites are quoted?

Same goes for anyone else with any of the Muppet comic trades after Muppet Peter Pan. Much obliged! :big_grin:

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
Are there quotes on the back of the book? If so, could you let me know who/what sites are quoted?

Same goes for anyone else with any of the Muppet comic trades after Muppet Peter Pan. Much obliged! :big_grin:
I just ordered it a few hours ago, so it'll be at least a few days before I get the copy :big_grin: I'll check when it does, though.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Hmmm.. do they? I'm sure you noticed the blurb on the Fraggle Rock of one of the reviews I did for your blog (I hope that no one thinks I do the blog... I don't want to take any credit for something someone else rightfully did), but the only time I've seen TMSCB and Muppet Classics Paperbacks I don't think they had any reviews on them. I don't think any of Booms does, but I have to double check them as soon as I can.

dmoss

Reaction score
Tonight I bought "Peg Leg Wilson", "On the Road", and "Family Reunion" on Amazon, and I can't wait to get them! Should I read them in order? I'm really excited for Family Reunion, but can wait if I need to read the others first... :smile:

bazooka_beak

Reaction score

OK, I just got my copy today and checked the back. There are quotes from Geeks Of Doom, Comics Worth Reading, and Every Day Is Like Wednesday.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Tough Pigs posted a preview for the latest issue: http://www.toughpigs.com/tms-10-preview/

This issue's guest star sort of looks like Jerry Nelson. I feel he also looks a bit like Bushwacker Bob from Taz-Mania (might be the beard, sunglasses, hat, and heavy body).

I can't help but feel like casting some of the characters in this... I imagine the chicken in that opening sketch as being a Richard Hunt character, the guest star as a Jerry Nelson character (though he's seen with Pops and Floyd... Then again he doesn't speak in the preview), and any female performer as the "Little Red Riding Hood" frog.

JJandJanice

Reaction score
Just read my copy of issue #8 today and very much enjoyed it.

I know I said it already, but I'll say it again...Boom Studios keep up the great work.

And for some geeky reason, I was a bit delighted in one panel that three Jim Henson characters together, which were Kermit, Rowlf and Dr. Teeth. :smile::sympathy::big_grin: