Muppet Show Season 4 coming in 2013

Drtooth

Reaction score
No. And the worst part is, when season 3 was about to come out, we had someone actually get in contact with someone from Disney about that release, and how they couldn't get certain things as special features on the disk (like the NASA wake up call from Pigs in Space)... the only rumor is that certain songs have to be renegotiated through Michael Jackson's estate... and we all know how stubborn estates can be.

I don't see why they couldn't tell us if this project is STILL going to happen, or if it's on indefinite hiatus. At least be straight with us. If the news is bad, I guess we can handle it IF they at least tell us what it is.

If they're just holding it out for the movie (and I hope that's the only problem), I STILL don't see why season 5 or even a complete series collection couldn't do the same promotional job.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
If they're just holding it out for the movie (and I hope that's the only problem), I STILL don't see why season 5 or even a complete series collection couldn't do the same promotional job.
Or, if they couldn't get all music from season 5 cleared in time, they could have done some single-disc family market releases of already-released episodes. Or, for a better alternative, release some existing Muppet specials, like The Muppets Go to the Movies or The Muppets at Walt Disney World, or perhaps a 2-disc "Tales from Muppetland" set.

zns

Reaction score
They already changed the title of this thread from coming out in 2010 to 2011... If we DON'T get it this year, maybe change the title to "Season 4 coming later than 2011". But hopefully they won't have to do that.
Something tells me that someone else on this thread knows all the details more than we do. :smirk:

LamangoNumber2

Reaction score
I have a feeling that Disney may be talking to Gabe Newell of Valve... Never releasing a certain part of the franchise....

muppet baby

Reaction score
No. And the worst part is, when season 3 was about to come out, we had someone actually get in contact with someone from Disney about that release, and how they couldn't get certain things as special features on the disk (like the NASA wake up call from Pigs in Space)... the only rumor is that certain songs have to be renegotiated through Michael Jackson's estate... and we all know how stubborn estates can be.

I don't see why they couldn't tell us if this project is STILL going to happen, or if it's on indefinite hiatus. At least be straight with us. If the news is bad, I guess we can handle it IF they at least tell us what it is.

I have to still say that the muppet show is still my all time faverite henson show and i did see all of them but i do not remmeber any Michel jackson songs in the Muppet Show and i love his music Could you tell me Dr tooth what those are in season 4 , i really love Micheal and if there is some songs of his in the muppet show i hope they can put it on the DVD release if they do not that would be really sad .

I know they had to cut some things from season 1 i hope that they can get those things settled , and then do a re release of season 1 on DVD or have a blu ray release of that . and all of the Muppet show with no more non complete episodes but we did get a blu ray release of the show with the episodes not being complete i can live with that , it would be so good to have a blu ray release no matter what because of the fact that , everything , is going to have to go to blu ray at some point and DVD will be going out in the next several years as the same thing happened with VHS being taken out by DVD .

The Muppet's are popular as they where in 80s and so glad that Disney bought them and will give the merchandise credit they deserve . Does anyone agree with this ?

BLu ray are much better quit due to hi def and also the discs are smaller and cases are better for storage and are not as likely to get scratched .

Drtooth

Reaction score
I have to still say that the muppet show is still my all time faverite henson show and i did see all of them but i do not remmeber any Michel jackson songs in the Muppet Show and i love his music Could you tell me Dr tooth what those are in season 4 , i really love Micheal and if there is some songs of his in the muppet show i hope they can put it on the DVD release if they do not that would be really sad .
Michael Jackson owns a LOT of songs he didn't write, specifically Beatles ones... that's one of the reasons why Beatles songs weren't on iTunes for a while. At least that's the rumor... that they have to renegotiate songs he bought the rights to.

Now, I must insist that if no one has any REAL news or REAL updates or even a REAL case of the hold up, PLEASE do not post anymore in this thread. What's worse that something taking forever to happen? Endless comments about how it's taking forever.

David French

Reaction score
The issue with Beatles music concerned the use of original tracks as opposed to covers, so I think we can knock that rumour on the head once and for all.

dwmckim

Reaction score
The issue with Beatles music concerned the use of original tracks as opposed to covers, so I think we can knock that rumour on the head once and for all.
Marvin Suggs: "I zought you'd nevair ASK!"

(Starts hitting Muppephones to the tune of Oob La De which ends up sounding more like OOH! AH! EE! OHH! AH! AAAAH!)

Drtooth

Reaction score
If that is indeed true, there was no excuse, movie or not, to sit on the release for over a year, especially since we already had to wait 2 years for it to come out. For the 1000000000000th time, there ARE 5 seasons, re-releasing the movies, Muppets Tonight, prospects of complete series sets and individual disk best ofs. There's NO reason any of those couldn't have promoted the film the same way, especially since it was announced at the D23 that it WAS coming out last year back in 2009.

So far, we've seen everything else they announced, the Uglydolls, the Cat Cora thing... but no DVD set. Again, movie or NO movie, unless there's a rights hold up on another front, there was no reason to drag their feet. These things actually sell, unlike the just released sets of sitcoms that haven't even had the chance to get on reruns by the time they come out. Or bad Food network shows.

frogtownhollow

Reaction score
Is there an email address that we can write to, to show Disney how much we want this?