Muppets Season 4... Good News and bad news

Drtooth

Reaction score
And even if they did need to negotiate, George Lucas and Disney have a GREAT relationship. How else could there be all that great Disney Star Tours merchandise, with Mickey as Darth Maul and all that? Lucas also has a good relationship with Henson, which is why he agreed to do the show in the first place. There might be a monetary bidding process that ties it up, but I doubt Lucas would want to hide that episode away.

MelissaY1

Reaction score
But surely George Lucas wouldn't actually deny the inclusion of that episode on our beloved season 4 release, would he?

After all he had to have given his permission for it to be made in the first place. You'd expect that they could easily negotiate a DVD release of it. Besides wasn't it previously released as part of the Time-Life collection?
I'm not saying he'd deny it but there might be some legal stuff involved that is delaying the process. I don't think they just call him up and say Can we put this on the DVD, Mr. Lucas? and he just says yes or no. I think there's probably some royalty stuff involved.

Yes it was on the Time Life DVDs, but so was the You've Got a Friend number with Vincent Price from Season 1, that was omitted on the Disney release. So, just was because it was on there doesn't guarantee it to be on these releases unfortunately :frown: That's why I'm still hanging onto those Time Life DVDs.

MelissaY1

Reaction score
And even if they did need to negotiate, George Lucas and Disney have a GREAT relationship. How else could there be all that great Disney Star Tours merchandise, with Mickey as Darth Maul and all that? Lucas also has a good relationship with Henson, which is why he agreed to do the show in the first place. There might be a monetary bidding process that ties it up, but I doubt Lucas would want to hide that episode away.
Exactly, Dr. Tooth. I'm sure it has nothing to do with George Lucas personally. Probably just some legal stuff delaying it. I don't think Lucas is embarrassed by that episode at all. They did a great job of it and it's not embarrassing to his characters at all.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I really don't think it's the Star Wars episode. George Lucas and Lucasfilm have a great working relationship with Disney right now - an attraction in the theme parks along with Disney and Muppet Star Wars figures. It's interesting to speculate, but I just doubt that as the postponement factor.

Music rights (although I thought those had been firmed up for everything after season one); economic or strategic timing really seems to be the case here. The good news is that they are talking about it and that plans are in the works for this and many other Muppet Disney projects.

It's just patience.

Nick22

Reaction score
I really don't think it's the Star Wars episode. George Lucas and Lucasfilm have a great working relationship with Disney right now - an attraction in the theme parks along with Disney and Muppet Star Wars figures. It's interesting to speculate, but I just doubt that as the postponement factor.

Music rights (although I thought those had been firmed up for everything after season one); economic or strategic timing really seems to be the case here. The good news is that they are talking about it and that plans are in the works for this and many other Muppet Disney projects.

It's just patience.
i have no patience for these kind of things! i hate waiting!

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
At least they seem to be finishing what they start *grumbles about Disney Afternoon sets*

minor muppetz

Reaction score
That said, I still think music rights in this country are insane. Look at what those greedy old biddies that own "Happy Birthday" did to Sesame Street.
While it's bad that anything was cut from the Old School sets, cutting Happy Birthday out was only a few seconds of cut footage. It wasn't a major musical number or sketch.