Muppets Season 4... Good News and bad news

Drtooth

Reaction score
I really don't think it's the Star Wars episode. George Lucas and Lucasfilm have a great working relationship with Disney right now - an attraction in the theme parks along with Disney and Muppet Star Wars figures. It's interesting to speculate, but I just doubt that as the postponement factor.
Is there an echo in here?:excited:

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Well I hope that they are postphoing it to focaes on other things.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Is there an echo in here?:excited:
I missed that post. :embarrassed:

Lucas is far from perfect these days, but he's always had a soft spot for Muppets, Jim Henson and Disney. I still think this delay has to do with timing. Buena Vista Home Video releases many things - the Muppet Shows are just one of them. I'm certain they want to complete the set and will, but they don't see an urgency like fans do.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
You know, for special features, I've been thinking that it would be great for seaosn 4 to include a number of guest appearances, even though it would cost Disney money for some of them. Some of Rowlf's appearances on The Jimmy Dean Show and Our Place, excerpts from Kermit's 1979 appearance on The Tonight Show, excerpts from The Muppets Take Over Today, and some of their 1992 appearances on Good Morning America (I think Disney owns the rights to the latter).

ploobis

Reaction score
At least we know that Disney is working on the release of Season 4. This will also give time to think of the following...

1. WHO WILL MAKE THE COVER OF SEASON FOUR?

2. WHICH MUPPETS WILL BE ON THE DVD MENU?

3. WHAT WILL BE THE BONUS FEATURES FOR THIS DVD SET?

ploobis

Reaction score
Here are some of my thoughts for Bonus Features for Season 4.

- A Frog is Born: The Kermit The Frog Documentary that was suppose to be on Season 3.

- The Two Muppet Segments from The Steve Allen Show

- More Muppet Show Promos

- Rare Muppet Commercials from The 60s

- More New Interviews from the Muppeteers, Writers and Designers

- Tales of The Tinkerdee pilot

- The Original Unaired Pilot version of the Juliet Prowse episode

Just to name a few. :smile: :wink:

Vic Romano

Reaction score
I think popularity dictates that Gonzo and Animal will be the cover Muppets for seasons 4 and 5. Who will be on which is yet to be seen. I really really think "Of Muppets And Men" is the no-brainer to put on one of these sets.

ploobis

Reaction score
I think popularity dictates that Gonzo and Animal will be the cover Muppets for seasons 4 and 5. Who will be on which is yet to be seen. I really really think "Of Muppets And Men" is the no-brainer to put on one of these sets.
I would bet that "Of Muppets and Men" will be on Season 5 since most of the behind the scenes clips are from season 5.

I bet that Gonzo will make the cover for season 4.

It would be nice if Kermit and Gonzo will be on the disc menus of this set.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I would bet that "Of Muppets and Men" will be on Season 5 since most of the behind the scenes clips are from season 5.

I bet that Gonzo will make the cover for season 4.

It would be nice if Kermit and Gonzo will be on the disc menus of this set.
You know, it would have been nice to have themed menus for each season - Electric Mayhem, Muppet Labs, Pigs in Space, Muppet Monsters etc. It would be so cool to have Dr Teeth and the band banter in the menus. :big_grin: