Muppets Season 4... Good News and bad news

Barry Lee

Reaction score
That would be neat if we had Carol Channing on the cover. hahah kidding. :smile:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Anyone know why "A Frog is Born" isn't on the 3rd season?
There was another post at Mupet Central, somewhere, from somebody who got to talk to Craig Shemin at an event, and learned that "A Frog is Born" was dropped due to some kind of rights issues. It wasn't said what the issue was, but I would think that they could easily cut something from an original documentary (and shouldn't clearances have been mad ebefore production?).

ploobis

Reaction score
I've talked to Craig Shemin before at some past events and he told me that he gave Disney a list of Bonus Feature suggestions for the next Muppet Show season DVD sets.

Craig is a great guy to talk to. He also told me that The Muppet Show is a very expensive show to release on DVD because each song has to be cleared for the DVD release and it takes a lot of time. I can definitely understand that.

Drtooth

Reaction score
There was another post at Mupet Central, somewhere, from somebody who got to talk to Craig Shemin at an event, and learned that "A Frog is Born" was dropped due to some kind of rights issues. It wasn't said what the issue was, but I would think that they could easily cut something from an original documentary (and shouldn't clearances have been mad ebefore production?).
Oh yeah. If anyone remembers that, there was an extensive 5 page list (exaggerating) of all these amazing bonus features we had lined up, and most of them were cut for clearance reasons. Even a phone call from Pigs in Space to astronauts because NASA didn't want to clear it, or they charged too much... I know they're strapped for cash, but come on!

I say no wonder why it's going to be another year wait... but they couldn't have worked on this since the second season release? Something tells me they had, though. These industrialists that buy up song rights for the sake of buying up song rights (see above) like to make anyone who isn't using the songs they just bought for hemorrhoid cream commercials is going to have to put up a lot of money and struggle to get that stuff out there.

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
I think popularity dictates that Gonzo and Animal will be the cover Muppets for seasons 4 and 5. Who will be on which is yet to be seen. I really really think "Of Muppets And Men" is the no-brainer to put on one of these sets.
I'm more inclined to think it will be Scooter for season 5 myself.

And it's been said that "Of Muppets And Men" is slated for season 5 because it's such a fitting wrap-up to the series.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Man, it seems like the special features on these sets are a bit unredictable. Most of the seaosn 1 features had to do with the development of the series (well, I guess that was a bit predictable/expected..), then season 2's features were mostly thigns from the late 1990s/ early 2000s, and then season 3's features were mostly black and white productions made long before TMS began, and weren't pitches/ pilots for the series. Who knows, maybe season 4 will have features from the 1980s.

Nick22

Reaction score
im still trying to build my muppet collection. im kinda glad that we have to wait for season 4. that gives me time to get the money for other things first. and i am definatly not made of money. i recently forced my parents to let me do chores so i can start saving up. i get 3 dollars a week, but ive been finding money all over. im srry. im rully off topic.

Gonzo the 2nd

Reaction score
Season 4?

Hello fans! Did this subject die out? What is Disney up to? Anyone knows? Cheers. K2

Baby Gonzo

Reaction score
I don't have a link, but there is a thread somewhere around here in these forums that states that Season 4 will come out in 2010.

Why it is taking so long to come out between releases is anyone's guess. Maybe it's the economy? Then again, we're talking about DISNEY here.