Muppets Season 4... Good News and bad news

Gonzo the 2nd

Reaction score
I don't have a link, but there is a thread somewhere around here in these forums that states that Season 4 will come out in 2010.

Why it is taking so long to come out between releases is anyone's guess. Maybe it's the economy? Then again, we're talking about DISNEY here.
Thanks Baby G. Guess that means a few hundred more times watching seasons 1 to 3...:zany:

Amy

Reaction score
Why it is taking so long to come out between releases is anyone's guess. Maybe it's the economy? Then again, we're talking about DISNEY here.
Disney are very keen to use the Muppets, so if it were EASY to get these series sets out, they would have done it by now.
It's not Disney's fault that the Muppet Show has so many songs that need clearance and fees paid to use them and these things take TIME to negotiate and complete.
Disney may be powerful but they're not invincible - they can't just do whatever they want because they're Disney, they have to get in line and pay music rights like everyone else.

It sucks we have to wait, but that's the nature of the show.

ZeppoAndFriends

Reaction score
I hope the sooner the better , one thing i hope though that the long wait is producing that it will be a complte season 4 .

I say that because of the fact that season 1 was not complte because of the fact that all the music was not there .
I think the main reason they released the 1st season cut is because they wanted to get it out in time for Kermit's fiftieth anniversary. (It had the logo on the box!)

I think that they would have gotten it out uncut if they weren't trying to do that.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Disney are very keen to use the Muppets, so if it were EASY to get these series sets out, they would have done it by now.
It's not Disney's fault that the Muppet Show has so many songs that need clearance and fees paid to use them and these things take TIME to negotiate and complete.
Disney may be powerful but they're not invincible - they can't just do whatever they want because they're Disney, they have to get in line and pay music rights like everyone else.
And at least they're trying to get these out.... looks at Darkwing Duck's 2 and only volumes and moans what could have been.