Henson-related video games

minor muppetz

Reaction score
My ideal title for the treasure hnt game is.... (sighs in embarassment)... Muppet Treasure Hunt.

Regarding the Mario ideas, it would be great if such a parody would combine elements o all the classic games. Besides including a Donkey Kong-like villian, perhaps a Snowth could appear in a Birdos-like role (since the two look very similar), perhaps there could be a way to give kermit and Fozzie raccoon ears and tails, maybe there could be a whistle like in Mario 3 (leading to other games), and maybe a reverse warp pipe (like in the Japanese mario 2), sending you back to previous arcades, and so on.

Fluffets

Reaction score
My ideal title for the treasure hnt game is.... (sighs in embarassment)... Muppet Treasure Hunt.

Regarding the Mario ideas, it would be great if such a parody would combine elements o all the classic games. Besides including a Donkey Kong-like villian, perhaps a Snowth could appear in a Birdos-like role (since the two look very similar), perhaps there could be a way to give kermit and Fozzie raccoon ears and tails, maybe there could be a whistle like in Mario 3 (leading to other games), and maybe a reverse warp pipe (like in the Japanese mario 2), sending you back to previous arcades, and so on.
Cool. Lets decide what to call the donkey-kongish villain. Honkey-Kong is my suggestion, or we could just replace him with an already-made muppet but you decide. :big_grin:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
A long time ago, there were two Austin Powers video games for Game Boy Color. They were Austin Powers: Groovy Baby and Dr. Evil: Welcome to my Secret Underground Lair. I only have the Austin Powers one, and haven't played it in awhile, but it seems they were game swith each main character having their own area/ menu, a main game, and some other stuff. It'd be cool if Muppet games like that were made for the DS.

There could be four games: The Kermit Game, The Miss Piggy Game, The Fozzie Game, and The Gonzo Game. In todays economy it might be too much to release four similar games at once, but each game could have some menus with a main game for each character to star in, some mini-games you can play with other users, and maybe also the ability to send messages to other players.

There could be mini-games that appear on all four games. Like a race car game, a pong-like game, a runnign race game, and some others. You can choose to play as any of the main featured characters, plus others, but then some others would only appear on certain games, unless the games are connected.

Fluffets

Reaction score
A long time ago, there were two Austin Powers video games for Game Boy Color. They were Austin Powers: Groovy Baby and Dr. Evil: Welcome to my Secret Underground Lair. I only have the Austin Powers one, and haven't played it in awhile, but it seems they were game swith each main character having their own area/ menu, a main game, and some other stuff. It'd be cool if Muppet games like that were made for the DS.

There could be four games: The Kermit Game, The Miss Piggy Game, The Fozzie Game, and The Gonzo Game. In todays economy it might be too much to release four similar games at once, but each game could have some menus with a main game for each character to star in, some mini-games you can play with other users, and maybe also the ability to send messages to other players.

There could be mini-games that appear on all four games. Like a race car game, a pong-like game, a runnign race game, and some others. You can choose to play as any of the main featured characters, plus others, but then some others would only appear on certain games, unless the games are connected.
Sounds neat. My Mum got a family easter present and its a nintendo wii. Obviously easter is fading away even more as the days go by. So it still hasn't come yet but it would be awesome if it also got released on the wii. Is there any way one of us could submit these ideas?:stick_out_tongue::smile:

Drtooth

Reaction score
I do like the parody of other games idea... but I would much rather something completely original (as opposed to Pigs in Space for Atari). And I was thinking about it the other day when an idea came to me. Earthworm Jim... specifically the second one. Now, I'm sure you're all familiar with that one. Every level plays basically the same, and it feels that the different things you have to do are all connected, and not like little Mini-games slightly connected with each other. The first level of EWJ is straight-through basic jump and shoot stuff... and then you get "Jim has suddenly become a Blind Cave Salamander." One weird, random thing after another.

Now, putting the same idea with the Muppets, you basically have to get from one place to another so you can start the show... but each and every thing you do has a Muppety weirdness to it. One stage you are in the basement, and Lew Zeland's fish have somehow escaped their fish tanks, and you have to keep catching them and putting them back into a large aquarium, and another, you have to dodge chickens falling from the sky to help Gonzo, who's got his nose stuck in an air vent or something.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I do like the parody of other games idea... but I would much rather something completely original (as opposed to Pigs in Space for Atari). And I was thinking about it the other day when an idea came to me. Earthworm Jim... specifically the second one. Now, I'm sure you're all familiar with that one. Every level plays basically the same, and it feels that the different things you have to do are all connected, and not like little Mini-games slightly connected with each other. The first level of EWJ is straight-through basic jump and shoot stuff... and then you get "Jim has suddenly become a Blind Cave Salamander." One weird, random thing after another.

Now, putting the same idea with the Muppets, you basically have to get from one place to another so you can start the show... but each and every thing you do has a Muppety weirdness to it. One stage you are in the basement, and Lew Zeland's fish have somehow escaped their fish tanks, and you have to keep catching them and putting them back into a large aquarium, and another, you have to dodge chickens falling from the sky to help Gonzo, who's got his nose stuck in an air vent or something.
That sounds like a great idea. Maybe for one lever, in an idea borrowed from Bo Saves the Show, Beauregard has to find the key to the cellar so the monsters can perform.

Fluffets

Reaction score
These are some great ideas people! Keep posting and we may get found out by the Hensons some day! :smile:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
These are some great ideas people! Keep posting and we may get found out by the Hensons some day! :smile:
Well, it wouldn't be up to the Hensons anymore. It would have to be up to The Walt Disney Company.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Here's another idea that could work:

A professional repair man does electrical work at either the Muppet theater or the boarding house and warns the Muppets not to plug anything into a certain outlit. Of course one Muppet (maybe Rizzo, maybe Pepe, maybe Animal) ignores this warning and does so anyway, causing all of the plugged-in devices to come to life and try to take over, and the Muppets must destroy all electronics that have come to life.