Henson-related video games

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Cool, I have no knoledge of the two games you mentioned though so I'm only guessing ehat the gameplay would be like, these game are also mentioning bunsen and beaker a lot, maybe they should have their own game!:big_grin: A spin-off or web-series is always good if it has to do with the muppets.
Other game slike what I mentioned include the Ren & Stimpy game Stimpy's Invention and a Mickey and Donald game for Sega Genesis (I forget the title).

Another thing that could stretch out the legnth of the game idea: Beauregard would dump the trash in a dumpster that's three or four blocks away from the theater, as opposed to the closest dumpster.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
How about this idea...

The Muppets prepare for a long play, a big forrest set is built, and all of the Muppets are deeply into their roles... Except for Kermit, who, though playing a hero, can't quite get the right idea of how to portray his character. Meanwhile Bunsen works on a hybrid machine, which both makes things teleport and become more real. He (or Beaker) accidently zaps the set and the cast into an alternate dimension where the set becomes a real forrest, and all of the characters except for Kermit are so in character that they become their character, including those who are playing villians. So Kermit is the only one aware of his past reality, and must find a way to bring everything back to normal.

Fluffets

Reaction score
How about this idea...

The Muppets prepare for a long play, a big forrest set is built, and all of the Muppets are deeply into their roles... Except for Kermit, who, though playing a hero, can't quite get the right idea of how to portray his character. Meanwhile Bunsen works on a hybrid machine, which both makes things teleport and become more real. He (or Beaker) accidently zaps the set and the cast into an alternate dimension where the set becomes a real forrest, and all of the characters except for Kermit are so in character that they become their character, including those who are playing villians. So Kermit is the only one aware of his past reality, and must find a way to bring everything back to normal.
Cool, that reminds me though, some of your games (at least 2) are all about Kermit rescuing others from something or other, they're good ideas though, I think I might as well dump this thread but thanks for this one and all the other ideas, I'd like to see more opinions on this, its quite a small crowd on this thread.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Cool, that reminds me though, some of your games (at least 2) are all about Kermit rescuing others from something or other, they're good ideas though, I think I might as well dump this thread but thanks for this one and all the other ideas, I'd like to see more opinions on this, its quite a small crowd on this thread.
Well, it seems logical for many games to invovl rescuing other characters. But I guess I do think up things alot.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I posted a lot of ideas, and I tried my best not to post more ideas... But I thought of a great idea today, and I don't think the idea has ever been done before in any video games. Basically, the Muppets would be putting on a video game. A show-within-a-show about the making of the game we're playing.

Basically, the game would have computer animated videos between each level, showcasing some backstage crises and other stuff. It would begin with the Muppets in a video game "studio", with Bunsen explaining a new Muppet Labs technology, where people can play video games INSIDE the games. Muppet Labs invents a number of levels and worlds, as well as a plot, and some of the main characters (up to four at a time, like the upcoming New Super Mario Bros. Wii) allow players to controll them (this could lead to a funny lien by somebody like Miss Piggy or Pepe... "I refuse to be controlled like some sort of puppet!"), while some familiar and not-so-familiar characters take on bad guy roles. Dr. Teeth and the Electric Mayhem (sometimes joine dby Lips, sometimes joined by additional guest musicians)appear in the studio to provide live music for the game.

After an opening video that sets up the concept of Muppet Labs creating a video game universe for the Muppets, The Newsman would do a news report, setting up the plot of the game (I'm thinking maybe involve the Muppets in search of six magic keys or diamonds or something). Sometimes a crisis in the studio would effect the gameplay and technology... For example, most of the game would be a 3D platform game, but at one point some circuits break, transforming the video quality to an 8-bit game, and the Muppets would have to do things to bring the quaility back up.

And after finishing the game, the Muppets could sing a big musical number while the credits role.

Fluffets

Reaction score
I posted a lot of ideas, and I tried my best not to post more ideas... But I thought of a great idea today, and I don't think the idea has ever been done before in any video games. Basically, the Muppets would be putting on a video game. A show-within-a-show about the making of the game we're playing.

Basically, the game would have computer animated videos between each level, showcasing some backstage crises and other stuff. It would begin with the Muppets in a video game "studio", with Bunsen explaining a new Muppet Labs technology, where people can play video games INSIDE the games. Muppet Labs invents a number of levels and worlds, as well as a plot, and some of the main characters (up to four at a time, like the upcoming New Super Mario Bros. Wii) allow players to controll them (this could lead to a funny lien by somebody like Miss Piggy or Pepe... "I refuse to be controlled like some sort of puppet!"), while some familiar and not-so-familiar characters take on bad guy roles. Dr. Teeth and the Electric Mayhem (sometimes joine dby Lips, sometimes joined by additional guest musicians)appear in the studio to provide live music for the game.

After an opening video that sets up the concept of Muppet Labs creating a video game universe for the Muppets, The Newsman would do a news report, setting up the plot of the game (I'm thinking maybe involve the Muppets in search of six magic keys or diamonds or something). Sometimes a crisis in the studio would effect the gameplay and technology... For example, most of the game would be a 3D platform game, but at one point some circuits break, transforming the video quality to an 8-bit game, and the Muppets would have to do things to bring the quaility back up.

And after finishing the game, the Muppets could sing a big musical number while the credits role.
I love it!:big_grin:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Last night I thought it might be interesting for there to be a Muppet game where the bosses are all characters who weren't seen much. Characters like Mahna Mahna, Marvin Suggs, Angus McGonacle, Fleet Scribbler, Uncle Deadley, and J.P. Grosse. I was thinking J.P. could be a final boss, but then I can't really think of what he could do that'd make sense. While he was mean, it was mostly out of greediness. He wasn't really a villian, and didn't have any evil traits. Fleet Scribbler would also be a bit hard to figure out, but I'm thinking maybe a level where he follows you around, and you have to avoid him until the end of the level... He just chases you around, and you start losing energy when he gets close enough to you... Then you get to what is called a "safe zone", where you go behind glass, pull a lever, and a safe falls on him.

But most of the others could work well. While Mahna Mahna doesn't seem to be evil, he could work as a boss. Put him in a level where he's just wildly running and hopping around, picking up small objects to throw at you (which you, in turn, could pick up and throw back). Maybe the Snowths could be there, pulling levers that provide the objects.

Marvin Suggs could try to hit you with his mallet, and at times throw Muppaphones at you, which you could catch/ pick up and throw at him.

Angus McGonacle could use gargling powers to defeat you... Maybe smoke bombs can come out of his mouth when gargling.

I think that anything can work well for Uncle Deadley... Maybe he'd be a better final boss than J.P. Grosse.
Heck, the old gypsy lady and the aliens from the Jonathan Winters episode coudl also be characters to battle.

Then again, maybe it could just be a typical fighting game, like Mortal Kombat. J.P. Grosse can threaten to close the theater, unless the Muppets put on a fight. J.P. chooses people for the main characters to fight (the characters mentioned above), and the main characters have to win all battles to keep the theater.

Another idea could be a game in which Fozzie Bear spends the night in a haunted house, and has to fight off ghosts and monsters, perhaps by throwing tomatos and pies at them. It could have be in 1930s/1940s/1950s comedy style. A duo comedy game involving Fozzie would also be good... Maybe pair him with either Kermit, Gonzo, Rowlf, or Scooter.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Something I was thinking would make a cool feature in a Muppet video game: Instances where Thog is sitting on one end of a teeter-totter, Kermit or another Muppet jumps on the other end, sending Thog into the air, and when Thog falls back down, the Muppet you play as flies up into the air. Or it can be like the similar obstacles in the Sonic games and Thog can fly up and land on the other end before sending your Muppet to fly up. Or if it was a Sesame Street game replace Thog with Snuffleupagus.

I was also thinking maybe a game in which the monsters try to take over the theater would be interesting. Not sure if Sweetums should be one of the enemies, but the other full-body monsters (except Thog) would make good bosses, and the various frackles could be recurrign enemies. And Uncle Deadley would have to make an appearance.

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
I was also thinking maybe a game in which the monsters try to take over the theater would be interesting. Not sure if Sweetums should be one of the enemies, but the other full-body monsters (except Thog) would make good bosses, and the various frackles could be recurrign enemies. And Uncle Deadley would have to make an appearance.
I would love to see a video game like this! Uncle Deadly could be continuing the plotline from his first appearance on The Muppet Show.:scary:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
A couple of ideas that aren't really mine...

Somebody posted an article at the Muppet Mindset today about a Muppet version of Rock Band. I think it sounds cool, though I haven't played those types of games very often. The article can be found here: http://themuppetmindset.blogspot.com/2011/01/product-idea-muppet-rock-band.html

Also, in the thread about fans dream 2011 Muppet promotions, somebody mentioned a cool outline for a game in which players can choose to be either Walter (from the upcoming movie) or a fan-designed whatnot character and search for each Muppet, reuniting them to get together, and also include references to past Muppet productions. That post can be found here: http://forum.muppetcentral.com/showpost.php?p=852506&postcount=10