Little Muppet Monsters on Youtube

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I noticed that the opening for episode three features a clip from a Muppet Labs cartoon, yet that part of the opening was not in the first two episodes.

A lot of it was good, yet also awkward. I don't think the Fozzie comedy class segments would have lasted. All three broadcast segments feature chicken jokes. The Gonzo segments are also a bit weird.

The Kermit, P.I. segments are good, yet I wish they featured more characters besides Kermit, Fozzie, and Piggy. Only three aired, so it's possible that other Muppets appeared in future segments.

Drtooth

Reaction score
The Kermit, P.I. segments are good, yet I wish they featured more characters besides Kermit, Fozzie, and Piggy. Only three aired, so it's possible that other Muppets appeared in future segments.
Well, we only got to see three of them... And that first episode featured a rare character... Banana Nose.

I figure that they are still in existience, perhaps in the vaults at either Henson or Disney.

I'm sure there are copies floating around Henson and maybe some of the people who worked on the show... would be funny if Toei had all the original animated sequences in the back of their vaults... Some of these odd things that weren't meant to see daylight actually get leaked somehow on the internet. I remember someone getting the rare live action pilot to AstroBoy (before they decided to make it a cartoon) online... and even the original creators disavowed it.

So who knows... someday, somehow, they might just turn up. Even if in script or layout form.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Some of these odd things that weren't meant to see daylight actually get leaked somehow on the internet. I remember someone getting the rare live action pilot to AstroBoy (before they decided to make it a cartoon) online... and even the original creators disavowed it.
Yeah, there are quite a few Henson productions that were never broadcast or released commercially that fans have somehow gotten copies of, such as the uncut version of the first Sesame Street test pilot, The Jim Henson Hour "Inner Tube" pilot, a test pilot for the unproduced Muppet Show planned to be made by Fox back in 2002, a few industrial films form the 1960s, the original edit of the Sesame Street pitch reel... Hmm, I was thinking there was more unaired/ released stuff that fans somehow have copies of, but I wonder how the fans got copies of them in the first place.

And there are also things that fans have copies of that were only broadcast back when VCRs either weren't invented or weren't common to have (I guess in some cases people just pointed film cameras to the TV sets). Things like This Way to Sesame Street, the uncut first episode of Sesame Street, the Sesame Street new mexico episodes from season 7, The Great Santa Claus Switch, and stuff that has been released commercially in recent years that the fans have had for longer periods of time.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I really wish some fan somehow stumbled upon the remaining episodes, but I don't think anyone has them. I wonder if they just tossed them or something. I don't think Jim or anyone there would have done that, but I hear horror stories of wiping videotapes to reuse them, losing footage forever.

I want to at least see some scripts and story outlines pop up somewhere so muppetwiki could add them. Speaking of which... Muppet wiki has information about the 3 episodes and titles for 13 unaired episodes.

Kermieuk

Reaction score
Hi,

I have never heard of this?

test pilot for the unproduced Muppet Show planned to be made by Fox back in 2002

Anyone have any info or a link, is it on youtube?

PS, Thanks so much for adding these tapes onto youtube, it great to see the Missing two episodes.

Chris UK

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Segments of all 13 episodes were taped, but not all of the linking footage with Tug, Molly and Boo. So not all 13 episodes exist - just bits of them.

muppet baby

Reaction score
I never missed a Muppet babies episode when it first aired , i set my alarm clock on Saturday morning so i would make sure that i was up in time to see it .

I say all that to say i do not know how i missed all the episodes of this show , i guess as soon as Muppet babies was over i changed the channel LOL .

I wish i saw this as a kid i know i would have liked , watched one segment on the You tube link i really like it , i am going to watch all the rest that is there on You tube . Is there any way that some of the episode where persevered enough to , to make a DVD release of the eposides that where made ?

I say that because there are tv show DVD sets that are out there that have a complte series release , that are only 13 eposdes and less .

It would be worth it to have this out on DVD it is very well done .

I like the theme song to the show , i love how it is simular to the Muppet Babies theme this is a great show .:smile:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Segments of all 13 episodes were taped, but not all of the linking footage with Tug, Molly and Boo. So not all 13 episodes exist - just bits of them.
Very interesting revelation. I wonder if they ever thought just to use the animated segments and integrate them into Muppet Babies episodes (similar to what they did on "Eight Flags over the Nursery," but sort of more like The Brown Hornet on Fat Albert).

muppet baby

Reaction score
Very interesting revelation. I wonder if they ever thought just to use the animated segments and integrate them into Muppet Babies episodes (similar to what they did on "Eight Flags over the Nursery," but sort of more like The Brown Hornet on Fat Albert).
I love that thought Dr tooth , that would have been neat to see that i mean those segments link into Muppet babies eposibdes .

I hope that they do put some of the muppet monsters onto dvd or blu ray in some way maybe if a DVD or Blu ray is ever realesed of Muppet babies maybe over time with those sets they could realease the eposdies that are still around as part of the bonus footage .:wink: