"A Muppet Christmas: Letters to Santa" comes to DVD in September

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kermieuk

Reaction score
Finally some good news on Muppet merchandise, and we dont have to wait too long, well better than a Xmas December release? I wonder if there are any plans for a UK release or TV airing this year?

BTW, What is a o-sleeve?

Chris

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
BTW, What is a o-sleeve?
I want to say it's a fancy term for the slipcover. But I could be wrong.

Do we know if the DVD will be in widescreen yet?

Rax

Reaction score
Great news. I was wondering if LTS will be broadcast here in the Netherlands this Christmas.
But heck, now I can buy the DVD. :big_grin: Can't wait for the extras.

Gr, Rax

dwayne1115

Reaction score
What would be great is if they sold the DVD over seas to put some of the videos from Muppets.com on the DVD for people who have had a hard time getting to the site.

Rax

Reaction score
It would be even better if they realized that they're missing out on money by giving us Europeans a hard time getting to the site. When we try to reach Muppets.com we get the message "Thanks for your interest in Disney.com". What the heck? :boo:

Gr, Rax

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Great news! This is what I suspected. They're pushing this project in time to tie-into the Halloween special. It seems to have all the extras we want too. $26.99 is a little high for some customers, but once it hits Amazon pre-order the price will definitely fall a significant bit. Hope it's widescreen like the broadcast. The cover isn't the best, but attractive enough and Disney knows the Frog and Pig are iconic enough to stand out on shelves among all the other Christmas fare. The O (or outer) sleeve will probably be glittery or shiny and limited to the first push.

Good Muppety news all around! Hope it has a promo for the Halloween movie. :smile:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I was hoping that a new group image would have been used. Oh, well. I just hope that whatever image is on the poster for the upcoming movie is new, and not, say, an altered Muppet Movie poster.

ZeppoAndFriends

Reaction score
Great news! This is what I suspected. They're pushing this project in time to tie-into the Halloween special. It seems to have all the extras we want too. $26.99 is a little high for some customers, but once it hits Amazon pre-order the price will definitely fall a significant bit. Hope it's widescreen like the broadcast. The cover isn't the best, but attractive enough and Disney knows the Frog and Pig are iconic enough to stand out on shelves among all the other Christmas fare. The O (or outer) sleeve will probably be glittery or shiny and limited to the first push.

Good Muppety news all around! Hope it has a promo for the Halloween movie.
I also thought that 27 bucks is a little steep for a TV special. Their MOVIES don't even cost that much upon their first release. (If it stays that high, I'm going to wait until Meijer has them cheap, just like I did with VMX!)

The image says that it's a collectible o-sleeve. Hopefully that means they'll have more than one kind.

And if it's not in widescreen I WILL BE MAD AND/OR TICKED OFF! :mad::grouchy::scary:

P.S. What Halloween special?

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
Cool news! I was wondering when they'd put it on DVD.

Wait, there's going to be a Halloween special?

Drtooth

Reaction score
I also thought that 27 bucks is a little steep for a TV special. Their MOVIES don't even cost that much upon their first release. (If it stays that high, I'm going to wait until Meijer has them cheap, just like I did with VMX!)
Suggested retail price. What you'd likely see at FYE or somewhere. Most movies do retail for that much, but Target, Best Buy and even a lot of local places usually have them for much, much less. Still.... I'm surprised they're charging over 20 bucks for it. What are they doing? Charging by the minute :big_grin: (enough the special was short jokes out of me)

And if it's not in widescreen I WILL BE MAD AND/OR TICKED OFF!
It would be pretty idiotic to release it in full frame only. While most people don't have them, newer TV's are all widescreen anyway. Then again, for some odd reason they didn't release VMX in the format, despite the fact it was produced in WS.

Status
Not open for further replies.