"A Muppet Christmas: Letters to Santa" comes to DVD in September

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZeppoAndFriends

Reaction score
Suggested retail price. What you'd likely see at FYE or somewhere. Most movies do retail for that much, but Target, Best Buy and even a lot of local places usually have them for much, much less. Still.... I'm surprised they're charging over 20 bucks for it. What are they doing? Charging by the minute :big_grin: (enough the special was short jokes out of me)
What is FYE?

Rax

Reaction score
Then again, for some odd reason they didn't release VMX in the format, despite the fact it was produced in WS.
Say what? :confused: Phew! Fortunately they released it in widescreen in Europe. Like you said, releasing it in 4:3 in the US was an odd decission.

Gr, Rax

Drtooth

Reaction score
What is FYE?
Considering they're sorta disappearing everywhere, not surprised you asked it.

FYE is sort of like the Mall music and video store... sort of like what Suncoast and Sam Goody used to be. If they merged or were bought out or whatever, I don't know. But that place is all sorts of pricey. I mean, They still sell King Fu Panda for about 30 bucks... I got my copy at target for 8 on sale. Seems like they'd charge the 26 bucks for the DVD, while Target, Wal*Mart, or Best Buy would sell it for 20 bucks or less.

ZeppoAndFriends

Reaction score
Considering they're sorta disappearing everywhere, not surprised you asked it.

FYE is sort of like the Mall music and video store... sort of like what Suncoast and Sam Goody used to be. If they merged or were bought out or whatever, I don't know. But that place is all sorts of pricey. I mean, They still sell King Fu Panda for about 30 bucks... I got my copy at target for 8 on sale. Seems like they'd charge the 26 bucks for the DVD, while Target, Wal*Mart, or Best Buy would sell it for 20 bucks or less.
Thank goodness! I thought I was missing something.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
According to some Tough Pigs posts, an "o sleeve" is another word for the cardbaord that has been packaged over recent single-disc DVD cases, such as many of the most recent Sesame Street DVDs. I don't really care for them.

Drtooth

Reaction score
According to some Tough Pigs posts, an "o sleeve" is another word for the cardbaord that has been packaged over recent single-disc DVD cases, such as many of the most recent Sesame Street DVDs. I don't really care for them.
They seem to just bump up the cost, which is passed onto the consumer. And a good amount of the time, people rip them off, steal them, otherwise ruin them. Somehow, I think this release could do without it... maybe make it a little cheaper...

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score

Disney DVD's have been having the shinny cardbaord sleeves on there releases for he past 2 years or so!
:wisdom:

ZeppoAndFriends

Reaction score
Disney DVD's have been having the shinny cardbaord sleeves on there releases for he past 2 years or so!
:wisdom:
'Shinny'? It has SHINS? That's AMAZING!

(It's spelled shiny and you accidentally misspelled 'cardboard'. (Just to let you know))

This message brought to you by the Sarcastic Grammar Police.

Luke

Reaction score
Fantastic news! They did O(uter) sleeves on the ALF seasons and they were fantastic - it looks like they will be kinda like 3d raised images . This should be good.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I wouldn't mind paying extra for the O sleeve... that is if half of them weren't damaged or stolen, or randomly removed by employees half the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.