eFX Collectibles to produce Muppet Replicas

What Muppet Replica do you want the most?

• Rizzo the Rat

Votes: 44 13.9%
  • Miss Piggy

Votes: 79 25.0%
  • Pepe the King Prawn

Votes: 42 13.3%
  • Fozzie Bear

Votes: 151 47.8%

• Total voters

MuppetCaper

Reaction score
make sure and keep us posted on whatever route MR ends up taking.

I will...I'm kinda interested to know whats going to happen once MR goes up again. Even though they don't have the Muppet license anymore, I am still with them. I am a veteran with MR for a very long time. They have had there ups and downs, but I am really hoping for the best for them in whatever direction they take.

Kevin Knight

Reaction score
I have heard some great things from the inside, but think that posting that image of the newsletter should give everyone the warm fuzzies. I actually like that image of piggy. I don't care what order they put them out. I will buy them, and be happy. I have no financial difficulties, and appreciate eFX for picking up the mantle. Sounds like they don't need a middle man any longer. They're having the original patterns provided by "Disney", these peices are going to be INCREDIBLE. I would encourage everyone to sign up for the newsletter by registering at their website https://www.efxcollectibles.com/

Keeermit

Reaction score
this is great news! :smile:

I cant wait to see photos of the prototypes

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Should we bring up the topic of Piggy wigs again? Are they going to have different styles to pick? I like her classic medium blonde wavy style over the platinum flat-iron look or the Manhattan era 80s fright-wig myself.

Gotta say it again...piggywig!

Kevin Knight

Reaction score
I would think that with Disney's big involvement in this "new" project that the versions of these replicas are going to be the most recent style of each. I imagine though that they will use Fozzie's classic tie instead of the blue hankerchief look. I would think that whatever hair they give Piggy will be stiched or glued on. Look at what has happened with all of them, all of their colors are more vibrant, and now have a very standardized look as a comodity like Mickey. We unfortunately have to settle for opinions and speculation as I would think Piggy is at least 10-12 months away in reality. Someone said something about Rizzo and Reporter Kermit. I would speculate that eFX might give US Rizzo as we have been collecting these so far and for economic reasons :embarrassed:, then go with a big replica. Would we be surprised or really truly upset if they released them as listed in the newsletter? I think we are all just happy to see the continuation, regardless if some of us opt out for Piggy (I'll get her) to save for Foz. I think Pepe will look cool as **** sitting in my glass case leaning on his book!

mickeymouse18

Reaction score
hey,
I've just heard the news, I'm soooo excited! big thanks to muppetperson for all the work he did :smile:
I'm just glad the line is continuing so I'm not fussed who is made first! Was just wondering if people were to guess when do you think the first muppet will be ready to buy and also how many you reckon they will release each year?
I'm also excited about the disney line too, do you reckon this will include pixar as well, someones got to do something for toy story 3!

MuppetCaper

Reaction score
Bryan just meantioned over at RS...I wished he would post here. Would make it a lot easier....this message regarding Rizzo. The question that someone asked was these the photo puppets of the posers they are going to be using:

No, the pictures are just stock photos that we could get. Rizzo will be wearing his letterman jacket with his logo on the back.

It has not yet been determined what Miss Piggy will be wearing yet!

MuppetCaper

Reaction score
sorry, forgot to ask as well, will they eventually produce their own gonzo and animal?

I'm not really sure on that. I think right now, eFX is trying out there new wings and want to start with another character like they did with Star Wars. They finally made the X-wing that MR was suppose to put out. They finished there runs on the Stormtrooper helmet since they didn't get them all made when MR lost the license. I feel that they might want to continue off with Fozzie in some round. But with todays economy, they have been wanting to start off small is probably the reason for Rizzo to be made first. :shifty:

Luke

Reaction score
Sounds like they don't need a middle man any longer. They're having the original patterns provided by "Disney", these peices are going to be INCREDIBLE. [/URL]
... actually they do, it says they are working with the people who provide Disney with the puppet building, isn't that Puppet Heap? www.puppetheap.com

Which brings up all kinds of debate about whether these will now be the modern or classic versions, since Puppet Heap completely re-designed the puppets, although it is owned by an ex-Henson workshop staffer. Terry Angus was always more the classic guy, i think he was working without patterns at some points even.

Personally i don't mind Puppet Heap, they have got a lot better making Muppets as times gone on, the newer versions in the Youtube videos are very nice indeed.