eFX Collectibles to produce Muppet Replicas

What Muppet Replica do you want the most?

• Rizzo the Rat

Votes: 44 13.9%
  • Miss Piggy

Votes: 79 25.0%
  • Pepe the King Prawn

Votes: 42 13.3%
  • Fozzie Bear

Votes: 151 47.8%

• Total voters

fizzywig

Reaction score
hi there where can i get to see the newsletter with examples of the replicas?

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I'm hearing that EFX is mostly MR, but with a new name. Is this true? MR still exists in name and some staff members, but it seems that it's all the same game, most of the same players but in a different location. How long has EFX been around?

Ignohippo

Reaction score
I can't describe how excited I am about this! Judging from that newsletter (which is a better promo piece than MR ever put out), it looks like the posers are in very capable hands. Even though they're just stock photos, if Piggy and Rizzo look anything like the pics from the newsletter, they'll be must-haves.

I have to say, as long as the quality is there, I'd be in for any of the characters they produce but Fozzie and Piggy would be necessities for me.

I'd also be curious to see if they could improve on MR's Animal who I have a love/hate relationship with. I think I've gotten him to be a very good likeness but he's my favorite so I'd love to have one that's exact. I'd be hard-pressed to buy another Kermit only because the MR version is so good.

Hopefully, someone has shown them Terry's pics of Fozzie from his home. That thing is an amazing piece of work. If they ever make Fozzie, I hope they use that as their barometer. It's heartbreaking to think we could've owned something of that quality. Terry's first Gonzo proto was incredible, too. Hopefully they'll bring Terry on as a consultant if nothing else.

Thanks efx! I can't wait to give you my credit card number!

dwayne1115

Reaction score
So it's kind of like Muppet Stuidos or Muppet holding company.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
So it's kind of like Muppet Stuidos or Muppet holding company.
To my knowledge (and I could be wrong about this) about half of the key MR staff jumped ship to form EFX. It's not that the company has a lot of the same employees, rather - it's basically MR 2.0 , but officially a different company without the name or the hardships MR faced in the last year. Again, that may not be correct but that's what it appears to be after some poking around. That could be a good thing. I just don't know what to think. :confused:

Kevin Knight

Reaction score
I'm just going to treat them as an entirely new compny.

With Puppet Heap and Disney involved, I think there's no need for a middle man or "consultant" as someone mentioned as a place for Terry. As he's realized he's out of this project.

By the way can I just make a request... that ya'll go back and read this thread from the beginning. It has all the answers and info known.

Someone did make a good point, I'd like to see Robin as well. (But I know it won't happen.) I have to remind myself to keep my eye on the prize. Just want to get the proposed 4, to be happy with the info that's given on their timetable. Will not pull any "I want, so and so, him, her, that one, and that totally obscure character that was in those two episodes." OR "Gee I just wish they had made (blank) before they stopped." Cause I know how it absolutely ANNOYS me.

Luke

Reaction score
I'm hearing that EFX is mostly MR, but with a new name. Is this true? MR still exists in name and some staff members, but it seems that it's all the same game, most of the same players but in a different location. How long has EFX been around?
I think you are correct, its like a slimmed down MR without corgi looking over them (and the books). The guy who owns it was in charge of MR Star Wars i think. Obviously the advantage is they would have been well aware of the problems Master Replicas had with these so aren't likely to make the same mistakes. Travis was very dedicated to the line and the Muppets though and the impression i got from him was that it was just extremely tricky to get ANY factory over there to be able to make stuff of the quality needed via mass manufacturing them at their price so i guess they will need to work extremely hard to make these successful. That said, i'd be prepared to pay a bit more if the product was fantastic looking since we are paying a lot anyway.

rexcrk

Reaction score
I just hope (and I'm sure I'm not the only one =P) that if they make Fozzie they use the best-looking "Great Muppet Caper-era" Fozzie rather than the later ones >_>

unclematt

Reaction score
Does Fozzie seem to have an overbite that he never had before or is it just me?

Ignohippo

Reaction score
I've always noticed the overbite. It's one of those great Muppet subtleties.