Any big Murray fans?

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
i saw him in one episode, and i seemed a little annoying.
i don't know? He reminds me a lot of Big Bird. Very inquisitive. He's Just like a Sesame Street Muppet should be. Reminds me a lot of the older days of the show.

Drtooth

Reaction score
And I can't even blame the success of the first doll. It was the riding It and running with that success that made Elmo to come off as quite annoying. It was actually post toy, and even them it was a slow creep up.

Yeah. That over-Elmofication happened post doll (and somehow I blame Rosie O Donnel for it).

I really hope bigger things happen for Murray. For some stupid reason, they're going to rerun the segments that had this last next season. Really disappointing. I really wish that all these character based segments would all rotate... Elmo's world one day, Murray had a Little Lamb the next, Ernie and Bert Claymation after that... and it repeats the cycle.

I really hope Murray's great segment doesn't go the way of Journey to Ernie or Monster Time... (though, frankly, JTE was far inferior. even when they perfected it). And I like how Joey wants to keep the character out in the real world, and not in the studio segments... he didn't like how Murray was thrown into the first episode of last season.

peachybabe01

Reaction score
would you happen to know if they have made a murrary doll, my daughter loves them and i would like to get her one.

Drtooth

Reaction score
would you happen to know if they have made a murrary doll, my daughter loves them and i would like to get her one.
Not yet. He appears in ONE book, and that's all the Murray Merchandise I've seen so far.

mbmfrog

Reaction score
I like Murray also, and it's great that Joey finally has a strong, stable, prominent character to play, but I feel they shoved him into the spotlight to quickly. I mean, he started hosting the cold openings, but now he has his own 6-minute segment in every episode. I think they're rushing him in.
I have to say I do agree with you Oscarfan. I mean while Murray is starting to bring back what originally Made SS so great, it does seem like he's becoming a bit too popular all of the sudden.

I mean it's not like it's a bad thing, I would have thought they try to take it a bit slow. :super:

beaker

Reaction score
I just got done watching a bunch of Murray/Ovejita segments with my family that I compiled on dvdr. These guys are pure magic, and some of THE best Muppety characters/chemistry I've seen. It's unfortunate a lot of Muppet fans won't get to check em out due to it being Sesame...but I mean these guys are amazing.

I mean the intro alone...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xcoWtcg_zz0

And the interaction Murray and Ovejita has at this NYC art school for children...priceless...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yaWohX-9Ej4

These two are absolutely amazing, and it would be a real shame if Fisher Price didnt make plushes and toys of these two...and just continue making the same garbage Elmo stuff they've been pimping out since the latter 90's.

I wish! In a perfect world Sesame would dump(or dramatically cut back Elmo) and have Murray and Ovejita take over.

beaker

Reaction score
I have to say I do agree with you Oscarfan. I mean while Murray is starting to bring back what originally Made SS so great, it does seem like he's becoming a bit too popular all of the sudden.

I mean it's not like it's a bad thing, I would have thought they try to take it a bit slow. :super:
I say saturate baby saturate...after Elmo's 13 years and going reign of dookie, I say it's time to turn up the volume on characters who are genuine and real and have true heart.

Joey Mazzarino is an absolute genius. He said he wanted to base Murray Monster on Fraggle Rock's traveling Matt, as in a character who goes into the real world and interacts and explores culture around. I LOVE that he's given Murray a bit of
Joe The Armadillo's voice and personality, and there's an honest sincerity to him.

There's something just amazingly fresh and exciting with Murray and Ovejita, and Im hoping parents are taking notice as well as Sesame Workshop.

Erine81981

Reaction score
I agree with what mbmfrog said about taking Murray a little bit slower then throwing him out there. I don't mind Murray and fell in love with his character when i first saw him but now he's like i don't know kinda getting on my nerves now. I still like him but i can't stand to see him taking over to much time on Sesame Street.

If they would just go back to season 39 and just have him intro the show and have his little segment that would be ok with me. I don't mind seeing him all over the show but why have him just there.

Why not give him like a couple of skits with Cookie Monster, Elmo, Telly, Baby Bear, Rostia, Zoe, Big Bird and other characters. Have him come in and intrup Ernie and Berts fun time. Like how Cookie Monster or Herry used to do from time to time. Have him in a couple of the street scenes. I really enjoyed that he was in the first episode of Season 39. That was great. Have more that i say.

But i do hope to see a Murray and Ovejita plush someday. I'll be buying them for me and and not my kids (if i ever have any). But come on Sesame Workshop. WE WANT TOYS OF THESE CHARACTERS!

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
I think Murray and Ovejita are great! They're a nice, funny new addition to the Sesame Street cast. I don't want Elmo or Abby or anyone to be gone, but it would be nice to see all the cast members get better representation. (Of course, as long as characters get their own segment, the show's going to feel dominated that way. I wish they still did the original format with the street story stretching all through the show.)

minor muppetz

Reaction score
You know, I've started thinking that maybe Murray should host a Sesame Street DVD, maybe focusing on letters, numbers, or music, and could act like a music video vee-jay.

I wonder what characters WOULD be good for Murray to interract with. I feel like he and Grover might be too similar (though Murray doesn't seem to mix things up like Grover does). Maybe he could annoy Oscar or Bert.

Considering that Murray usually seems seperate from the rest of the show, I find it a bit odd that, in "The Word on the Street", he says "Hi, I'm Murray from Sesame Street". Technically that is true, but it still feels odd.

Also, considering how much he's been used in the last three years, I'm surprised that he has yet to host any of the days at sesamestreet.org.