Any big Murray fans?

beaker

Reaction score
Murray's interacted with the other Sesame Street characters on the Street before. In the Texas Telly and the Golden Triangle of Destiny episodes (or at least one of them- the last one I think) Murray is there with Telly in Leela's laundromat when Telly finds the Golden Triangle of Destiny.
But it would be nice to see him mingle with other Sesame Street denizens too.:wisdom::insatiable::batty:
Aw, thanks...I hadn't seen those segments before I think. There's a LOT of 2000-2009 Sesame I haven't seen, that I'll end up having to catch up on dvd best ofs and Sesame workshop's youtube.

Just hard to catch up on a daily hour long show with modern adult(school/work/etc) life...I remember watching virtually every 1979-1992 episode of Sesame Street it just about seemed like.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
*IF* Sesame ever released the best of Word on the Street/Murray Had A Little Lamb, I'd so buy it!
Currently it seems like Elmo's World is the only recurring sketch to get it's own DVD releases. For a long time I've been thinking they should release more like that (especially complete Sesame Street News and Monsterpiece Theater sketches), but recently I've been thinking that they should release special DVDs of Murray Has a Little Lamb (preferably with the original guessing game sequences), Bert and Ernie's Great Adventures, and Abby's Flying Fairy School (I'll be surprised if we don't get such a release within the next year). I'm sure they'd make good releases... Oh, that's right, then Elmo wouldn't be able to be on the covers...

Of course this should be feasiable. I've noticed that while we got a few new DVDs with original linking footage during the first half of the year, for the remainder of the year it seems that we've only got DVDs with existing material. DVDs with just a few recent street stories, the recent 40th anniversary set, I think we got a new Elmo's World release (but I'm not too sure). I don't know if it's because of the economy or if it's just a coincidence that we haven't gotten any DVDs with new footage in awhile.

I wonder what the chances would be of Murray and/or Ovejita appearing in Sesame Street Live. I would be hard for Murray to just go into the audience and have unscripted conversations with the people in the audience, unless Joey Mazzarino was inside the Murray costume.

beaker

Reaction score
Oh, that's right, then Elmo wouldn't be able to be on the covers...
It's just too much. I swear, even collectible Sesame 40th annv stuff has to have Elmo on the front of the package and back, in case anyone forgot that Elmo is the be all end all of Sesame Street.

From a psychological standpoint, I cannot understand how kids could possibly find anything to like about Elmo; let alone how obsessive they seem to be with parents obliging since the Christmas of 1996. Just makes no sense.

Ok, I'm in my early 30's, but I can remember to when I was an insanely rabid Muppet/Sesame fan between the ages of 3-6. No way in heck would I have cared for Elmo.

I just find it rather sad Elmo is the alpha and omega of Sesame
marketing/identity/branding/everything. Elmo this, Elmo that.
I think this is why I cherish pre Elmo saturated Sesame merchandise...even those strangely drawn early 70's LP record art and children's books(haha, I think I still have all those early to late 1970's Sesame books with Gordon)

Drtooth

Reaction score
I just find it rather sad Elmo is the alpha and omega of Sesame
marketing/identity/branding/everything. Elmo this, Elmo that.
I think this is why I cherish pre Elmo saturated Sesame merchandise...even those strangely drawn early 70's LP record art and children's books(haha, I think I still have all those early to late 1970's Sesame books with Gordon)
Again, I just can't bring myself to hate Elmo so much as I hate the reasons why he has to be in everything. And I especially hate what kid's television has gone through since the Barney the Dinosaur explosion.... that's what I blame the popularity of Elmo on, myself. Sure, I understand he was how SS found their footing after they lost a lot of the creative forces behind SS in a row. And I understand that he's for some reason popular with the 2 and 3 year olds that now watch the show (I guess they prefer the company of 3 year olds?) But I still don't understand why he has to be the end all be all of SS now.

I mean, I think Kevin is doing all he can to make the character fun to perform... but I think that all of his other characters combined are a million times better than Elmo will ever be. And, really... deep down, I miss him being more monstery... I grew up in the 80's where he first appeared, and he was a monster kid who acted just like the other monsters, only younger... I admit the character has grown on me in recent years, but even then, I feel enough's enough. I just can't blame the character for the fact it's virtually holding SS together in a time where kids (and adults) think flat, 1 dimensional characters who ask viewers for help are amazing.

But back to Murray.... I said this somewhere else, but I really think they should get rid of half the tune ins and keep the letter and number bits... BUT bring back Ovejita for Murray to play off of. He plays off of other people good enough... but he really plays off beautifully with her by his side.