New Disney Muppets Figures Revealed

Nick22

Reaction score
It seems that everyone longs for the day of Palisades Muppets. But speaking as a freelancer for a portion of the line, I am enjoying this diversification of the Muppets in figures. I have the Kubricks for Muppets and Sesame, I also have the Vinylmation Kermit and will get the rest of them (if possible). But my first choice would be to get the EFX Rizzo. Nothing beats the real deal even on a character that isn't my fave. Just thinking about his funky little stitched jacket gives me goosebumps. Is that wrong? :shifty:

I would really like to see more Muppet figural merchandise. From anime-style statues to high quality sculptures of reenacted scenes from the Muppet Show or the Movies. Just think of an anime Piggy in a Karate pose or a realistically puppet-looking, miniature sculpted scene with Kermit and Fozzie dodging tomatoes and beer steins on the El Sleazo dance stage. That's the kind of stuff I want to see. All of it. A frogboy can dream can't he? :embarrassed:
if we got sculptures like that, that would just be amazingly extreme awesomeness. i can see them now! :big_grin: i hope we start getting more and more muppet merchandise. i mean, it seems like there is more and more coming, so im pretty much thinking that the muppets have a very bright future!

Beauregard

Reaction score
With Crazy Harry around, the future is always bright...with a flash...and a boom...and stuff falling down.

Fluffets

Reaction score
I would really like to see more Muppet figural merchandise. From anime-style statues to high quality sculptures of reenacted scenes from the Muppet Show or the Movies. Just think of an anime Piggy in a Karate pose or a realistically puppet-looking, miniature sculpted scene with Kermit and Fozzie dodging tomatoes and beer steins on the El Sleazo dance stage. That's the kind of stuff I want to see. All of it. A frogboy can dream can't he?
Yeah, can I also suggest a few more ideas for the statues? I think I shall list my personal favourites:

The rainbow Connection
Kermit's memorable bike scene
Piggy's beserk fight scene
Gonzo's balloon incident
The Great Muppet Caper bike scene with kermit and piggy
a few statues of the baseball diamond-catching scene
Kermit and piggy getting married
The rats in the kitchen
Ocean Breaze Soap

and now here's a few The Muppet Show scenes that should DEFINATELY be made in statue form

Mahna Mahna
Rowlf at his piano
Gonzo doing some sort of feat of acrobatics (and lunatic-daring!)
Fozzie telling a joke
Kermit at his desk
News Reporter-style Kermit and the koozebanian Phoob
Robot Kermit
Hugga Wugga
Statler and Waldorf making comments
Veterinarians Hospital
Pigs In Spaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaace

:big_grin:

MuppetMazz

Reaction score
"30 seconds to curtain!" - Scooter peeking his head around a door. That would make a good statue as well.

ohtherain

Reaction score
I am collecting the line and I really like the designs on each of the different Mickeys. Alas, I have no duplicates yet but I have no Kermit. I was looking at that list of the new characters and I was really pleased and suddenly I noticed; no Pepe! That's something new.

Nick22

Reaction score
Yeah, can I also suggest a few more ideas for the statues? I think I shall list my personal favourites:

The rainbow Connection
Kermit's memorable bike scene
Piggy's beserk fight scene
Gonzo's balloon incident
The Great Muppet Caper bike scene with kermit and piggy
a few statues of the baseball diamond-catching scene
Kermit and piggy getting married
The rats in the kitchen
Ocean Breaze Soap

and now here's a few The Muppet Show scenes that should DEFINATELY be made in statue form

Mahna Mahna
Rowlf at his piano
Gonzo doing some sort of feat of acrobatics (and lunatic-daring!)
Fozzie telling a joke
Kermit at his desk
News Reporter-style Kermit and the koozebanian Phoob
Robot Kermit
Hugga Wugga
Statler and Waldorf making comments
Veterinarians Hospital
Pigs In Spaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaace

:big_grin:
definitely! those all sound awesome! i'd definitely want veterinarian's hospital!

beaker

Reaction score
I remember not too long ago when all we got was a pillow and impossible to find, unless they were in a crane machine... then impossible to win , Muppet Oz plush... and that was 3 years ago! :big_grin: I really hope there is a looming muppet merchandise booms out there... seems like one's coming. The Star Wars set... the Muppet comics... now these. Now all I wanna know is who do ya have to twist the arms of to get some new Muppet Plush... specifically ones you can walk into a store and actually buy... none of this crane/carny game crap...

And didn't the Nascar cars come out during the 2003 muppet merch boom when you couldn't punt a football without hitting a Kermit the Frog or Animal something or other? Remember when all we had was Applause's Kermit/Piggy/Animal collection? And then the long wait after that?

Between 1990 and 1994 I took a long break from anything Muppet/JH related. But by late 1995, I had once again became a rabid Muppet fan. By 1998 I had once again became an obsessed Muppet fan as I had been throughout the early til late 1980's growing up.

However, between 1995 and 2002 there was not that much Muppet stuff. Occasionally some Applause stuff here and there.
1999 of course saw *some* Muppet stuff with the release of MFS.

But it was the whole advent of the Sababa/Palisades/Fun-4-All
era from 2002-2003 which brought about a tsunami of Muppet related items in stores. Heck we even saw a lot of cool Fraggle Rock stuff in that time. Everywhere you went, it seemed there was cool Muppet stuff.

Now, absolutely nada(tho if you have an FYE in your local mall, they have a new Kermit lunchbox)
I believe there will be a massive new Muppet resurgence beginning next year. (I know, more wait time)

The ONLY toys being carried at most stores are
Transformers, GI Joe, Star Wars, WWE Wrestling, DC and Marvel characters, and the Pokemon type stuff. So it seems its the online world where people are getting their figures, especially the more collector market...and these Disney Vinylmations seem like they are squarely being marketed toward the collector/Urban Outfitters type crowd.

beaker

Reaction score
I would really like to see more Muppet figural merchandise. From anime-style statues to high quality sculptures of reenacted scenes from the Muppet Show or the Movies. Just think of an anime Piggy in a Karate pose or a realistically puppet-looking, miniature sculpted scene with Kermit and Fozzie dodging tomatoes and beer steins on the El Sleazo dance stage. That's the kind of stuff I want to see. All of it. A frogboy can dream can't he? :embarrassed:
What we REALLY need, what would be the most cost effective, the most popular, and would be able to cover the most amount of characters would be Muppet action figures in the 3.5-4" range
these:
http://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/Muppet_Show_Stick_Puppets
and these
http://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/The_Muppets_Take_Hollywood_PVC_figures
and these
http://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/Sesame_Street_PVC_figures_(Tara_Toys)#Jointed_Figures
and these(except, being actually articulated)
http://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/File:Palisades-mini-wave03.jpg

These are by far my absolute favorite Muppet items and figures of all time, the best I feel ever produced. And it has always been my dream since the early 1980's that such a line is fully realized past a first initial wave.

Ive been saying it for 10 years on this site, and although virtually noone agrees; I feel universally these would be the best received figure style Disney could make.

The Palisades line of course is amazing and unprecedented(albeit grossly under appreciated by the public at large with way way way too much bickering from the fan community between 2001-2005) My favorite of course, was Palisades mini Muppet line. I mean, Mahna Mahna and the Snowths in figure form? Way too cool.

Drtooth

Reaction score
What we REALLY need, what would be the most cost effective, the most popular, and would be able to cover the most amount of characters would be Muppet action figures in the 3.5-4" range
You know... about a year or two ago, I FINALLY saw a new Sesame Street PVC line up sold at the dollar store. For a dollar each. And they were pretty good quality. I'm not saying we have to make Muppet toys that cheap, but I wanna see smaller PVC's again too. Smaller, more affordable.. like 3-5 dollar stuff.

And I agree... everything you see in the toy stores is toys based off of movies based off of comics based off of toy lines...etc. and the latest worst possible show they could get from Japan (someone translate the new Yattaman already! You could make so much money off of those toys, and they don't suck). I hate how Online is the only place that has variety... I wanted the Ghostbuster figures that people kept talking about to hit stores... It's sad when toys marketed to preschoolers-first graders are more interresting than the general child action figure buying market... look at those Sesame Street collect-a-pals... vynal figures for the Fisher Price set. And they have Snuffy AND the Count!

It really is a shame we'll probably never see another Palisades type company come back in and do that sort of stuff with the Muppets... but I'm not saying they have to. These figures are a sign things are gonna perk back up. Maybe not to the 2003-2005 style when Muppet merchandise was everywhere and everything (we even had Candy Canes!)

Fluffets

Reaction score
The ONLY toys being carried at most stores are
Transformers, GI Joe, Star Wars, WWE Wrestling, DC and Marvel characters, and the Pokemon type stuff. So it seems its the online world where people are getting their figures, especially the more collector market...and these Disney Vinylmations seem like they are squarely being marketed toward the collector/Urban Outfitters type crowd.
Actually I think you forgot power rangers, theres like a "new" type of power ranger every freaking year! Kids go nuts for it!
(I don't rly care for them much, never ever have) and theres also loads of Cars merchandise that people don't want, hanging around shop shelves! Also here in the UK and stuff we sometimes have doctor who merchandise which is another great market franchise.:big_grin: