The Muppet Central Freelance Writers Guild Project

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Luke said:
Hopefully new content for newly released stuff would help create excitement around the products/shows, writers could have maybe got access to the people involved in the Tonner Piggy line or the posers and it'd be good to see some concept stuff there.
We have a comprehensive review of the Tonner Piggy doll ready to go, along with an interview with long-time Muppet writer Jim Lewis. We just need an outlet for them.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
We have a comprehensive review of the Tonner Piggy doll ready to go, along with an interview with long-time Muppet writer Jim Lewis. We just need an outlet for them.
Really? Wow, there's a lot of content here that needs to make it up! I still have hope, but that's just my nature.

It is my hope that the process here will be streamlined and ready to promote all things Muppet by the time the Halloween special is advertised. That's a very practical goal that this site should be about.

If we can't get things started by then Muppet Central will have officially become a mere forum rather than an active site. I still don't think that's the case, or at least it doesn't have to be. I really want to see this place shine like it used to. :excited:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Wha? Halloween special? What Halloween special? :scary:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Wha? Halloween special? What Halloween special? :scary:
:confused: This is why we need content on Muppet Central's main page. Muppet Newsflash had this a few months ago. I assume it's still go. How can fans still not know about this? Hope this helps. :wink:

theprawncracker

Reaction score
:confused: This is why we need content on Muppet Central's main page. Muppet Newsflash had this a few months ago. I assume it's still go. How can fans still not know about this? Hope this helps. :wink:
Because MC provides them with no information... we didn't even have a thread about Piggy's fashion domination until a few days ago. :smirk:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Erm, I don't always check the MNF? :shifty: :embarrassed:

But if this happens... :excited:

Maybe we'll get more news about this at the D23 Expo, the Muppets presentation is scheduled for the afternoon of September 13 2009 if you're only going for just one day.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Erm, I don't always check the MNF? :shifty:

But if this happens... :excited:

Maybe we'll get more news about this at the D23 Expo, the Muppets presentation is scheduled for the afternoon of September 13 2009 if you're only going for just one day.
We've been talking about it here too, but there are still plenty of people who still don't know about it. That should be headline news over here!

These days I check out the Newsflash first, sift the threads at Muppet Central and then go over to Tough Pigs to see if there's anything lively going on over there. I barely surf anything on the actual MC site anymore. :sympathy:

I seldom go over to Muppets.com unless I know there's an update. Their site is tweaky on every computer I've tried. I hope they clean that up eventually. Great stuff on there.

Nonetheless, we need regular updates here on the main page at least every 10 days.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
frogboy4 said:
These days I check out the Newsflash first, sift the threads at Muppet Central and then go over to Tough Pigs to see if there's anything lively going on over there. I barely surf anything on the actual MC site anymore. :sympathy:
There's not much to surf through on the actual site anymore. :stick_out_tongue: Hopefully Phil's plan will remedy that.

Nonetheless, we need regular updates here on the main page at least every 10 days.
Here, here! :excited:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Mmm... The forum threads pretty much serve as my news info, except for when I check out the articles at TP. Muppets.com, ha, they need to make it available to us international fans first and foremost. Maybe if the MC mailing list articles got posted on the front page and announced in the appropriate section the day we get it in our inboxes... True, they do arrive after we've found out about the news on the forums first, which is why I think both should be synched with each other in terms of timing. But even that wouldn't stop our ravenous fannish speculative talk. Oh well... Check yous later.
Count down.