Muppet Halloween costumes!

Drtooth

Reaction score
Actually, the Fozzie one is the only one I like. Something about the Kermit one seems wrong, and I hate where the eye holes are on Gonzo... and Animal is kinda cool, I guess (though they perpetuate the old standard of making his head a fuzzy pink lolipop).

The Piggy one is actually sort of cool... only relying on a snout a wig and a dress.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I know what you mean about the eye holes. My wife was going to dress up as Piggy but she thinks that since It's just a wig with ears whats the point. I think that Gonzo looks really kind of bad, but i might get Kermit.

Nick22

Reaction score
i only like fozzie. the other ones look weird.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Costumes are usually fairly steep. I like Oscar one. It's clearly the best. The Bert and Ernie ones are fairly good too. Cookie and Elmo seem factory standard without much love, but okay.

I posted about the Muppet ones a while back. I got to see the actual catalog. The Miss Piggy one is that cheesy type of costume girls wear to look sexy, but it really is just dressing like a stripper. The gloves aren't even nearly correct. Just an all-around fail from me.

None of the Muppet Show costumes are that attractive to me, but it's good to see the characters making the rounds in this popular medium. Fozzie's the best, but I hope the swap the black pants for orange ones. The rubber masks are strange and should look better. Fozzie's is the closest. Kermit is okay, but why not a nekkid version? Animal is okay. He's hairy so he's a difficult sculpt. They really tried with this one. Gonzo, well. He just looks ugly. I'd rather had fuzzy Oscar-like translations if the likenesses were going to be this poor. Fuzzy costumes just seem more comforatble.

Still, this isn't for me becuase I don't do costumes so it's hard for me to judge. It's nice to see the Muppets around.

Drtooth

Reaction score
The Oscar one is pretty well-done but $85 is an insane price. Cookie and Elmo are kind of "meh" but I could still see using them as a costume. The Ernie and Bert costumes, well.. the clothing is okay but the masks are creepy.
Someone forgot to tell them hoods are for 5 year olds. Man... what ever happened to masks. Everything is so safe and sterile now... no wonder kids grow out of things at obscenely young ages.

Fuzzy costumes just seem more comforatble.
Unless it's hot. :insatiable:

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
Someone forgot to tell them hoods are for 5 year olds. Man... what ever happened to masks. Everything is so safe and sterile now... no wonder kids grow out of things at obscenely young ages.
Is that towards me or the costume makers? :concern: I like the costumes for what they are but the Ernie and Bert masks are just weird.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Is that towards me or the costume makers?

The costume makers. I hate Halloween Hoods. Always have. I my day you wore a crappy plastic molded mask and YOU LIKED IT. Now everything is so safe and sanitized.... it's not fun anymore. And you just know someone's gonna ruin the Halloween candy aspect too.

Think about it... dressing up in your Halloween Hoods to get healthy snacks. God, parental groups ruin EVERYTHING.

I just find it terrible that they had to put them on adult costumes. I mean, we're old enough to know not to wear masks while crossing the street.