Fanfic article help!

minor muppetz

Reaction score
1. Which fic or fics in your opinion best reflect the characterizations of the major Muppet characters (please list the characters, such as Kermit, Piggy, Fozzie, Gonzo, Scooter, Rowlf, the Electric Mayhem)? As others have said, TogetherAgain's fan fics, especially Summer in the Theater and Swamp Call, reflect them well. Hmmm... And I think I'll mention my own "The Muppets Economy Story" and some of my recent stories concerning different members of The Electric Mayhem (Animal and Bean in the Dessert, Dr. teeth Heads for Nashville, Janice's Big Break, Floyd's New Motorcycle, and Zoot's Enchanted Saxaphone... and I have a feeling I was wrong with one title).

2. What qualities do you look for in a "good" fanfic? Originality? Characterization? Description? Faithfulness to characters or plot? Plot depth? Quick and easy reads? What fanfics in your opinion exemplify those qualities?
Originality, characterization, and faithfulness... and the more obscure characters the better!

3. Who is your most favorite original character? Which fanfic are they from?
I like Maggie from Swamp Call.

4. If you had a choice (and, really, you do, right?), which property would you read about the most? Muppets (including the Muppet Show, Jim Henson Hour, Muppets Tonight), Sesame Street, Fraggle Rock, Dark Crystal, Labyrinth, Storyteller, Dinosaurs, Farscape, Sid the Science Kid, Bear in the Big Blue House -- and whatever properties I may have missed.
Either the Muppets or Sesame Street. Or a big crossover fanfic.

5. What is the best Fraggle Rock fanfic?
I've hardly paid attention to any Fraggle Rock fanfics.

6. What is the best Sesame Street fanfic?
There is one from 2005 that I forget the title of, in which Bert joins a traveling circus. There's also a couple that I wrote, Grover's Vacation and Return of the Dodos.

7. What is a personal favorite fic of yours that never got lots of reviews (less than 10)?
Many of my own haven't had any comments at all. Such as those Electric Mayhem fics I mentioned above, a fanfic that I forget the title of in which the monsters join a traveling circus, and one that I think I titled Lew Zealand's Fish Restaurant.

8. What, in your opinion, has been your favorite fanfic overall

Man, I forget the title, but there was a christmas story I wrote back in 2005, featuring characters from The Muppet Show, Fraggle Rock, Sesame Street, and other Henson properties.

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Appreciate the help, thanks!

Originality, characterization, and faithfulness... and the more obscure characters the better!
Must ... resist ... plug ... not ... resisting ... well ...
(cough I love writing obscure characters and crossovers cough) :stick_out_tongue:

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
Oh my, with one or two exceptions, I haven't read a lot of fanfic lately... I'd love to be able to help though, and so I'll think on it a little bit.
:smile: Good luck, Kelly!

Beauregard

Reaction score
I agree. I have to think about it for a bit, because I haven't read many specific fanfics recently. I could, however, answer the questions in a slightly different way if that will be of any help to you - Rather than talking about specific MC fanfics, just about fanfiction in general, and how within the Star Trek fiction universe crossover stories are always the most exciting, or little backstory explainations, etc.

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Well, I'd appreciate any help I could get. However, my goal is to write an article about MC fics, seeing as how this is for articles hopefully to be posted on the MC website. I will start on the first topic sometime Friday, as there's pretty much a consensus that TogetherAgain is mega-awesome. :big_grin:

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
There is one from 2005 that I forget the title of, in which Bert joins a traveling circus. There's also a couple that I wrote, Grover's Vacation and Return of the Dodos
The Bert one is my Search for Bert if that helps. :smile:

I PM'd my responses so I just didn't want others to think I'm not participating or something! :smile:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah... There's a reason we named her the Queen.

*Gazes sternly at Mr. Prawn: You, sir, received our office's memo about adding that mid-age fic to the library? :attitude: