The closing themes of Sesame Street

gutchman

Reaction score
ssetta, which version of the closing theme was played at the end of Sesame Street episode 2274? Was it the nighttime version? Also, it looks like the actual SS sign on the lamppost is shown while the episode's sponsors and CTW notice were announced. So, since the SS sign on the lamppost was shown, did just the words CHILDREN'S TELEVISION WORKSHOP appear on the screen w/o the Sesame Street sign folding outward onto the screen? If so, where on the screen did the CTW words appear?

ssetta

Reaction score
It's been awhile, but I think they appeared at the bottom.

gutchman

Reaction score
Sesame Street episode 2477 ending

ssetta, who announces the sponsors at the end of SS episode 2477? Also, did it end with the normal harmonica closing theme?

Dantecat

Reaction score
Gordon announces them by voice over and Yes It ends by the normal harmonica closing theme.

gutchman

Reaction score
closing themes seasons 25 and 26

ssetta, were there ever any episodes of Sesame Street where someone's birthday was celebrated but still ended with the normal harmonica closing theme?

Also, I heard that in Season 25 (1993-94) that some Season 23 reruns (1991-92) had the harmonica theme at the end replaced with the calypso ending music. If this is true, then do you know which episodes did this? Did this happed in the next season as well sometimes (1992-93 eps played during the 1994-95 season)?

ssetta

Reaction score
There were quite a few episodes where it was someone's birthday, but they still played the normal theme music at the end. In fact, there is only one episode I can recall that ended with them singing Happy Birthday, and it was a Season 27 episode where Gabi was sick on her birthday.

And as for Season 25 episodes that were replaced with the calypso music, those would be 3175 and 3185. That's for the closing. 3184 had the harmonica opening replaced with the calypso music, but still had the harmonica closing. As for Season 26 episodes, I'm actually not sure there were any, because by Season 24, they were already using the animated credits.

gutchman

Reaction score
closing themes on theses SS episodes

ssetta, which versions of the closing theme were used at the end of the following Sesame Street Episodes: 2405, 2484, 2571, 2782?

ssetta

Reaction score
ssetta, do you happen to remember the names and episode numbers of these Sesame Street episodes?

Both of these episodes were aired from the 1993-94 season, but were reruns of episodes from the 1991-92 seasons:

1. Gordon announces the sponsors: "Sesame Street was brought to you today by the letters U, as in umbrella, and Z as in zebra; and by the number 1 as in 1 person standing here saying good-bye." Then the Count, off-screen, tells Gordon he can use his imagination and count up to 9 people saying good-bye; then he, not Gordon, says "Sesame Street is a production of the Children's Television Workshop. Ah-ah-ah!"

2. This other episode ended with Big Bird and kids announcing the sponsors F, I and 5. Then the muppet with a bird on his head said some things to Big Bird and eventually said "Sesame Street is a production of the Children's Television Workshop," but before that he said that the bird on his head was going to say that. Before the closing harmonica theme ends, the last word Big Bird said was "Ridiculous."
I know this is an old post, but if you can believe this, I actually FOUND the original Season 23 episode with this! It's episode 2939. I'm not sure, but I think it was 3254 in Season 25. There is a street scene where everyone is wearing something with the word COLD, and I actually remember the cold opening involved the word COLD. However, this copy of 2939 that I have starts during the theme, so I don't know if it was there originally. But I think this is the one.

gutchman

Reaction score
sesame street closings

ssetta, on SS episode 2876's ending credits, was "Sesame Street is a production of the Children's Television Workshop" actually said twice? Once before the credits and once after the credits?

ssetta

Reaction score
ssetta, on SS episode 2876's ending credits, was "Sesame Street is a production of the Children's Television Workshop" actually said twice? Once before the credits and once after the credits?
No, it was only said after the credits.