Pre-Order Sesame Street 40 Years DVD Boxset

Status
Not open for further replies.

mbmfrog

Reaction score
The cover looks GOOD!

However, I'm still upset that it may be all about the show's most famous short segments throughout the past 40 years. :frown:

Other than that it's still a good cover.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
That cover is flawless! I absolutely love it! Finally! Maria and Luis' wedding on DVD! Excellent! :big_grin: Can't wait for this. Definitely a late birthday present for this Prawn. :wisdom: :super:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
[*]Monsterpiece Theater skit
That Alistar Cookie image looks like it might be either Me, Claudias or Upstairs, Downstairs.

BobThePizzaBoy said:
[*]Song of 1
YES! Finally!

BobThePizzaBoy said:
[*]Another baker
Actually, I think both images are from the 1 sketch. That bakwer image shows him holding one wedding cake. That's what the fanmemories say he held, and that's what a 1970 Sesame Street Parents Guide mentioned him holding.

And at first I saw that "1" still and I wondered if it was really that one or if maybe it was just the image of 1 from the opening sequence.

I hope that all of the images are for real and none of them are a tease. I was a little surprised to see images of Kermit on the cover of a Sesame Street release (that's rare, even before Henson sold the characters).

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Not much in the way of double dipping. I like this! :insatiable:
Actually, I noticed twelve instances of double-dipping in the photo. Well, double-dipping from American releases.

• Rubber Duckie - it's been in Sing-Along, Sesame Street's 25th Birthday, and many other releases.
  • Bein' Green - it's been released in Sesame Street's 25th Birthday and Old School Volume 1 (c'mon, SW! Why not release the one with Lena Horne? Her other sketches have had commercial releases)
  • Elmo's World: Dancing - One of the Elmo's World DVDs (and I figure the still with both Mr. Noodles has been released as well)
  • African Alphabet - it's been released in The Best of Kermit on Sesame Street, a long out-of-print video that's never been released on DVD (and I think it was in one of the Shalom Sesame DVDs, if we want to count thosse as american releases).
  • Monster in the Mirror - it's been released in Rock & Roll and Sesame Street's 25th Birthday (then again, those were both the non-celebrity versions... Could this be the celebrity version? We'll know by Nov. 11).
  • Ladybug Picnic - included in Sing Yourself Silly and Old School Vol. 1.
  • Bert's statue - included in Old School Vol. 1.
  • The Honker Duckie Dinger Jambouree - Included in Sing Yourself Silly, Sesame Street's 25th Birthday (in shortened form), and Let's Play Games (with grover superimposed).
  • Bread, milk, and butter - in Old School Vol. 1.
  • The Batty Bat - in Dance-Along and Sesame Street's 25th Birthday.
  • A New Way to Walk - included in Sesame Sings Karaoke.
  • Triangle of Destiny - included in Tales of Adventure.
  • Doin' the Pigeon - In Sing-Along, Dance-Along, and many other releases.

And if we want to count he Shalom Sesame videos as american releases, the "here fishy fishy fishy" sketch was in one of those, I think.

Oh, and that U skit is U Really Got a Hold of Me, with Smokey Robinson. And I don't think that is Norah Jones, though I'm not sure who it is.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Why would you think any of the images would be fake?
There have been videos and DVDs that had still images on the back of material not on the releases. And that one online trailer for Being Green had several clips not on the video. But I trust that they will all be included (unless somethign gets removed at last minute).

One thing that's interesting is that this set comes with a limited edition booklet, and the 40th anniversary book will come with a bonus DVD.

I also noticed that The Muppet Newsflash mentioned the DVD will have "Elmo's Debut". Let's hope that this is his true debut and not another stunt like in the Amazon voting, which had Happy Tapping listed as his debut.

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
Actually, I noticed twelve instances of double-dipping in the photo. Well, double-dipping from American releases.
Considering I don't have a lot of those releases, and I'm talking in terms of the Old School releases, there really is a lot new on this set.

ploobis

Reaction score
It would be nice if the SS version of Manah Manah (1969) makes it on this new DVD set, But I'm not sure if that will happen. I hope it does though.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Something just hit me: Some of the Bert and Ernie segments that are on the cover in still form were included in the clip montage from Things That I Remember. I wonder how possible it is that that's gonna be included, and the others not. Or maybe those can be included as well as Things That I Remember.

I think that I segment pictured was in one of the Old School: Volume 2 episodes.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I compared the images on the cover with what I put in my wishlist in the thread about voting for clips on amazon, and 7 of the clips I nominated are on the cover (in this cae I'm counting all parts of the banana in ear sketch as one). I put Rubber Duckie in that wishlist, meaning the true original first season sketch, but I didn't really specify which version, so... Maybe it counts. I also included "Herry and John-John count to 20" in that wishlist, but we don't know which Herry and John-John sketch is represented on the cover.

Status
Not open for further replies.