Pre-Order Sesame Street 40 Years DVD Boxset

Status
Not open for further replies.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Maybe they're listing celebrities that the current viewing demographic would be more familiar with...

But I DID notice that Henry Winkler as Fonz is on the cover.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Maybe they're listing celebrities that the current viewing demographic would be more familiar with...

But I DID notice that Henry Winkler as Fonz is on the cover.
It's just a shame they didn't name a few past celebrities like -- and I'm just theoretically listing them -- James Earl Jones, Judy Collins, and James Taylor (I'd be surprised if none of them were featured).

One thing that would make a cool feature, and I doubt it will be done, would be a "now and then" comparrision, or "originals and remakes", showing the original version of a classic song sketch and then a later remake. Like the original Rubber Duckie and the late-1990s Rubber Duckie, or the original What's the Name of That Song? and the 1990s cast version.

I hope that sales are good enough for Sesame Workshop to consider more insert-only DVD releases.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Well, I searched sesamestreet.org and youtube for clips pictured on the cover for runtimes, and from what I could find the cover covers at least 52 minutes. I added the run time for the non-celebrity version of Monster in the Mirror, which is 2 minutes and something seconds (the celebrity version is 3 minutes and something seconds). I also checked the CTW Archives "first season show content" for the run time of Henson #1 (though the times listed for skits in those files seem to contradict the run times found at sesamestreet.org). I chose not to look at run time for any of the street stories, as we do not know how much of the stories will be included, but I did look at the run time for Hooper's death, as I have a feeling that'll probably just have the scene where his death is explained.

I'm not sure if this was useless or not. I calculated using my cell phone calculator... But I wodner if I goofed. I used a . instead of a : and then I found that that simbol was there. Maybe I should re-do it.

Drtooth

Reaction score
One thing that I didn't notice until after the tvshowsondvd link was posted again, and I don't know how I missed it at The Muppet Newsflash, was that some of the celebrities in the set were mentioned. The set was said to have appearances by Robert DeNiro, Destiny's Child, and Alicia Keys (DeNiro is the only one not pictured on the cover). It's a shame that none of the celebrities who appeared during the first 20 seasons were listed (heck, it looks like it doesn't list any celebrity appearances from the first 30 seasons).
I'm really hoping by that list, we're talking about listing current celebrities for some marketing reason. The next thing we need is another "Songs from the Street" fiasco where one of the disks mostly contained "Elmopalooza." I'm glad SS is using celebrities on this set... but I just hope we don't have everything from the last 5 years over and over again.... and Celeb appearances better NOT take up the whole second disk.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I thought that the "I" segment pictured was in episode 926, the segment shown before Biff and Sully's scene, but I was just watching the segment I thought the image was from, and I appear to be wrong.

zns

Reaction score
I;m sure that whatever Sesame Workshop has put on this set will definately be worth it. Sesame street is still going strong to this very day and after 40 years, it is still considered one of the best shows for all ages.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I;m sure that whatever Sesame Workshop has put on this set will definately be worth it. Sesame street is still going strong to this very day and after 40 years, it is still considered one of the best shows for all ages.
I agree. Even if it doesn't have everything on my personal wish list (and I'm sure it won't) it'll probably still be a great set.

And there is something I was thinking of today, that would be great to see on this, and I figure it probably won't, but it'd be great to see the various clips where Gordon, Maria, and Linda finally decide to believe that Snuffy was real, before they actually saw for themselves. Same with Uncle Wally. Probbaly not likely, but I can still dream, right?

And now we've practically got another month and a half until it's out.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
We received some more details today on what all will be included in the 40th Anniversary DVD box set. There are lots of good nuggets here. Check it out and let us know what you think.

http://www.muppetcentral.com/news/2009/090909.shtml
That is AMAZING! The bonus features are incredible--worth the price of the entire set alone! I'm honestly stunned at the incredible amount of bonus features. Interviews with Jon Stone, Caroll, AND Kevin? WOOOOOOOOOOOOOW. I am SO excited for this set!

Status
Not open for further replies.