Pre-Order Sesame Street 40 Years DVD Boxset

Status
Not open for further replies.

zns

Reaction score
We received some more details today on what all will be included in the 40th Anniversary DVD box set. There are lots of good nuggets here. Check it out and let us know what you think.

http://www.muppetcentral.com/news/2009/090909.shtml
This is definately one of the best video releases that Sesame Workshop has brought out since they started with the Old School sets in 2006. :stick_out_tongue::frown:

Just a little bit off topic here, I just want to clear something up. The 40th anniversary book written by Louise Gikow.... what is the actual realease date for it. This website says the same day as the DVD set, but other websites, including Muppet Wiki, state that it will be on October 1st. Am I missing something? :smirk:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
We received some more details today on what all will be included in the 40th Anniversary DVD box set. There are lots of good nuggets here. Check it out and let us know what you think.

http://www.muppetcentral.com/news/2009/090909.shtml
When you said you got details on what "all" will be included, I thought you meant alist of all of the clips, not a listing of special features.

Good list of bonus features, though. Yes! James Taylor will be on it (I hope it's the "That Grouchy Face" clip, and not Jellyman Kelly). And Feist is on it as well (I figured she would)!

Oh, and Dr. Nobel Price is included in the behind-the-scenes portions! I hope that one of his segments is included as part of the main program!

I am also happy that this set will have pop-up facts, like the Muppet Morsels.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Okay... is it just me, or do the special features seem to be worth buying the set alone? That is one thing that these have over the SS Old School sets. Those bonus features were just more clips... this is rare behind the scenes and archival stuff.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Okay... is it just me, or do the special features seem to be worth buying the set alone? That is one thing that these have over the SS Old School sets. Those bonus features were just more clips... this is rare behind the scenes and archival stuff.
I agree, though I do wish the set would have included either This Way to Sesame Street, A Walking Tour of Sesame Street, or Sesame Street Unpaved. But the various features, along with the hopeful possibility of it containing the long-unseen Henson #1, make it worthwhile.

And the fact that it will have pop-up facts makes me forgive the fact that this set includes stuff that's already been released on video and DVD, especially in the past Old School sets.

And I wonder if the back of the booklet will include any Muppet character interviews, like on the back of the Old School booklets.

Sigh... But still no sign of whether Roosevelt Franklin will be on the set. Or Guy Smiley. Or Sesame Street News. But I am more confident that those last two will be included. and I wonder i Buddy and Jim/ Larry and Phyllis/ Wally and Ralph will be included...

Drtooth

Reaction score
And the fact that it will have pop-up facts makes me forgive the fact that this set includes stuff that's already been released on video and DVD, especially in the past Old School sets.

And I wonder if the back of the booklet will include any Muppet character interviews, like on the back of the Old School booklets.

Sigh... But still no sign of whether Roosevelt Franklin will be on the set. Or Guy Smiley. Or Sesame Street News. But I am more confident that those last two will be included. and I wonder i Buddy and Jim/ Larry and Phyllis/ Wally and Ralph will be included...
All I can say is we don't know the exact sketch list. There clearly will be double dipping, but I don't think anything too major. We'll clearly see Rubber Duckie and I Love Trash and C is for Cookie... other than that, I'm sure we will see at least one Guy Smiley and Roosevelt Franklin sketch on there. And I wonder how accurate the cover art as it pertains to the contents of the DVD are. We could very well see some sketches illustrated on the cover that aren't actually on the disk (believe me... I've seen too many DVDs of TV shows with screenshots of episodes that aren't even included on the disk... in some cases, episodes that weren't even released at all)

So until we actually get a finalized review at least, everything's going to be a surprise. And again, the special features are a million times more interesting than what ever could possibly be featured.

BIGMuppetFan

Reaction score
I am really Looking forward to this DVD! :smile: I think a lot what they put in the description was for people to notice the current stars since most people who buy this DVD will have heard of them, But I do think older celebs and stars will be featured on it, as well as our Favorite Clips! The bonus features sound cool too! Over all I am really looking forward to this DVD release! :smile:

zns

Reaction score
It's going to be worth every penny. I'll be even more anxious once I see a review on here.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I thought of something that would be cool for this set, though I doubt it'll happen, and that would be for the set to have each season represented by the street scenes from one street story and assorted sketches from that season.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
And I wonder how accurate the cover art as it pertains to the contents of the DVD are. We could very well see some sketches illustrated on the cover that aren't actually on the disk (believe me... I've seen too many DVDs of TV shows with screenshots of episodes that aren't even included on the disk... in some cases, episodes that weren't even released at all)
I had mentioned this possibility earlier. However, I have a feeling that all of the guest stars pictured will be on there. It'd be stupid to include guests on the cover who won't be on the set (just as stupid as putting Elmo on the packaging for Follow That Bird despite his small screen time... Oh, wait a minute...).

Status
Not open for further replies.