1-2-3 Imagine! with Elmo & Friends

SSLFan

Reaction score
the club mud scene was just a short transition scene in front of the curtain between the underwater number, and beach scene. it featured oscar and grundgetta only imagining they were vacationing at club mud (a spoof on beach resort club med) they sang a short song about club mud to the tune of "codfish ball" the scene was shorter than 2 minutes. it was only featured in the original run of this show back in 96. this scene was cut for the 02 remount and wasn't put in the current version either, as Grundgetta has no lines in the newer versions. i hope this answers your questions:wisdom:
Gee thanks for clearing that up.
If I may ask, was this the only scene Grundgy spoke in, like something similar to her role in EGT? Or was she feaured throughout the entire show? Also, during the hula scene, didn't they pick a random dad to come up and dance? Why did they stop/discontinue that for all current SSL shows?

And, it's not 1-2-3 related, but do you know how they made the color dissapear from the SS set in ECB? Was it a lighting effect or was an alternate set built?

StarrFilter

Reaction score
In the very first 123, Grundgetta was the same performer as Rosita. So after the Mexico scene, Grungy was in the rest of the show and spoke frequently. This obviously changed in the 02 remount, where Grungetta didn't speak at all and was played by the same performer as Barkley and Aunt Ursula.

They also did bring parents up to do the Hula in grass skirts in the original. They stopped having on-stage, audience participation, after one of the dads that was picked to go on stage during a production of When I Grow Up, went crazy and body slammed Ernie and tried to pull Cookie's head off on stage... Yep... that one crazy dad ruined it for everyone.

And in ECB, it was literally 2 different sets that created this effect. Color changes that happened in live action (i.e. the pink-to-white flower, and the gold-to-white coins) were simple, rudimentary magic tricks.

SSLFan

Reaction score
They also did bring parents up to do the Hula in grass skirts in the original. They stopped having on-stage, audience participation, after one of the dads that was picked to go on stage during a production of When I Grow Up, went crazy and body slammed Ernie and tried to pull Cookie's head off on stage... Yep... that one crazy dad ruined it for everyone.
Goodness, that's really messed up. I feel bad for all those kiddies who saw Ernie & Cookie getting hurt like that. And also that dad's child...they must've been thinking 'what the heck is daddy doin?'. It's a shame, really it is. I used to love those parts of the show, guess it's a wrap on that.

SSLFan

Reaction score
WEGU "Roxy Marie's Train" Scene

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EfhWHokL9WU

This is just great, Roxy touring in 2 shows WITH speaking roles! It's terrific, lol. If they ever redo WEGU all together, they should definately give Roxy her train scene back.

StarrFilter

Reaction score
*sigh....* i'm not at liberty to say just yet, but i found out what the next SSL show is gonna be... It's another repeat.... And sadly it's Not Let's Be Friends... :-(

SSLFan

Reaction score
*sigh....* i'm not at liberty to say just yet, but i found out what the next SSL show is gonna be... It's another repeat.... And sadly it's Not Let's Be Friends... :-(
Gee, they must be running low on ideas for new shows.:stick_out_tongue:

Any info on what show will be redone? Hope it's not ECB, lol.

StarrFilter

Reaction score
Not running out of ideas... Just trying to save money in this economy. I mean it makes sense. It cost approx. $3 million to create a new show. You have to factor in set building and paying the writers, musical director, choreographer, director, muppeteer voices and paying for the rights to each popular song they use. It's waaaay cheaper to send out one that they already have ready with just a few minor changes. And I personally think ECB would be a better choice than what's going back out (and that's the last hint i'll give :-P) ECB is one of my favorites. OR I wish they would completely remake one of the really old ones like Sleeping Birdie, Silly Dancing or Let's Play School.

SSLFan

Reaction score
Not running out of ideas... Just trying to save money in this economy. I mean it makes sense. It cost approx. $3 million to create a new show. You have to factor in set building and paying the writers, musical director, choreographer, director, muppeteer voices and paying for the rights to each popular song they use. It's waaaay cheaper to send out one that they already have ready with just a few minor changes. And I personally think ECB would be a better choice than what's going back out (and that's the last hint i'll give :-P) ECB is one of my favorites. OR I wish they would completely remake one of the really old ones like Sleeping Birdie, Silly Dancing or Let's Play School.
Yeah, it makes sense since you broke it down that way.

And funny, Let's Play School would have been my second guess, lol. I guess it didn't have enough Elmo in it? :big_grin:

And I agree, VEE should dig out one of the real old shows from the Henson days, i'd LOVE to see one of those (of course it will have Elmo and Abby added in, lol) . Though i'm curious whether they have any of the old costumes/sets in storage somewhere (i.g. TeeHee, Herry, Snuffy, etc.) in case they do decide whether or not to bring them back someday.