Favorite TMS Scene?

Gelfling Girl

Reaction score
For me it's probably the Vet Hospital sketch with Bo as the patient ("and I had so much I wanted to do with my life" "Like what?" "Well, like frizz my hair and buy some new shoes") or the Banana Sharpener or maybe the Elevator Shoes ("Beaker, you never told me you wore stripey socks!")

Scooterthegofer

Reaction score
I don't know. Maybe just the Elton John episode in general, it is one of the few episodes past Season 1 where Scooter has a major stake in the outcome. But then, Sam's bit is also hilarious."I have seen some pretty weird guest stars on thish show, but this Elton John borders on the revolutionary!" But, then, what they did with the Beaker clones episode (Especially having two of them heckling incomprehensibly in place of Statler and Waldorf) makes it one too.:eek::eek::eek:

dwmckim

Reaction score
Wow that's like choosing a fave song by one's fave artist or a fave Muppet ... so many classics to choose from.

But there are three that come to the top of my mind as the best of the best:

Sax & Violence - not only do you get Mahna Mahna doing his typical thing of infusing his unique hip vision into a musical number (as he also does in Mahna Mahna and Wild String Quartet) but everything in this bit is just top-notch...the music, the concept, the Zoot/Nigel dialogue at the beginning, but what REALLY makes it the gem it is is the puppetry! The physical interplay and reactions all throughout is wildly hilarious - this piece is essentially "puppet mime" once the music starts and the performers are at the top of their game.

"Do Re Me" - just total Muppet goofiness and another example of the entire team working together with their own characters creating a comedic tapestry. It's amazing what the simplist concept can do when performed and directed with top-notch pros...everything from how the whole piece just starts up right away with no introduction to everyone (except Kermit) finally singing together having fun at the end while Kermit screams "you're ruining the whole song!"

The opening/closing theme of Loretta Lynn episode. So brilliantly awful. So horrible it's wonderful! The music is terrifically off-key and tempo, the cheesy Fozzie-painted Muppet Show logo, Kermit having to call out "music!" - everyone totally confused but plowing forward with that show-must-go-on attitude, the thrill of seeing different more obscure characters doing the kicklines, Beaker looking more confused/worried than usual in the last verse (plus more obscure characters thrown in that shot like the jug band and Crazy Harry (and yeah, i know Crazy Harry's in the standard opening but barely visible). This is the moment i always come back to when i want to demonstrate how wild Muppet humor is.

Fluffets

Reaction score
Mahna Mahna fer sure!:flirt::smile: And If we're now doing top 3's then I'll also add Wig Racing ("No sir I do not use shampoo, only use real poo, nothing but the best poo for my wig!") and
all-purpose tenderizer :confused:("Ok, which one of you tenderized the table? I MEAN it!")

Gelfling Girl

Reaction score
But, then, what they did with the Beaker clones episode (Especially having two of them heckling incomprehensibly in place of Statler and Waldorf) makes it one too.:eek::eek::eek:
Yes, that was one of my favorite episodes. Bunsen is so evil, always blowing up Beakie and stuff like that. It's so wonderful that Beaker got revenge.
I also liked it on the Danny Kaye episode when Floyd and Janice were in the balcony, instead of Statler and Waldorf.

JEANYLASER

Reaction score
My favorite TMS Scene that Dr.Teeth and the band rescued Janice from the evil Pigs Canibals! It's from Lynda Carter epsiode!

Gelfling Girl

Reaction score
My favorite TMS Scene that Dr.Teeth and the band rescued Janice from the evil Pigs Canibals! It's from Lynda Carter epsiode!
Yeah, that's also a great scene. Janice is definitely my favorite Muppet. :flirt:

tutter_fan

Reaction score
I think the introduction that Kermit does on the Harry Belafonte episode (where he reads the script that Fozzie provided him with) was quite hilarious the first time I saw it, and I have season 1 and 3 of the muppet show so now I can relive that hilarious moment whenever I want!

How about the one where Bunsen invents the Gorilla Detector? OMG! That was so hilarious!

muppets2

Reaction score
my fav scene was when statler got this afrcian plant and it grew and started eating everything as for a regular skecth i think vet hospital:sympathy::mad::flirt: