Getting the Jokes (Ten years later)

Skeeter Muppet

Reaction score
Or how about in MTI when Piggy greets Long John Silver by calling him "Loonnnng John", obviously referring to a certain part of his anatomy?

(and it wasn't his leg)

-Kim

Super Scooter

Reaction score
I've posted some of my thoughts on this in the Cheeky Muppet Moments thread, but here's one (and this is technically off-topic):

In the Pirates of the Care-to-be-readin' episode of Sesame Street, one of the characters makes a statement that is something like "No chance in L."

But, yeah, The Great Muppet Caper and Muppet Treasure Island are filled with jokes I didn't get as a kid. Such as this painful, hidden gem from TGMC:

Scooter: Popcorn! Popcorn! (Looks at chicken) Popcorn, chicken?

HA! Popcorn chicken! That's hillarious! ... Well, not really, but it is the first time you realize it's supposed to be a joke.

Nekoshema

Reaction score
Or how about in MTI when Piggy greets Long John Silver by calling him "Loonnnng John", obviously referring to a certain part of his anatomy?
his hair? [lol, kidding]

yea, that's my sister's favourite movie and she noticed that a a few months back, i'm kinda shocked i didn't notice that, and they made that joke :wink:

tutter_fan

Reaction score
You remember when E & B were playing a counting game and when Bert says "I eight the sandbox" and Ernie says "how'd it taste, bert? (laughs)"? OMG! That was the funniest thing I ever heard in my life! seriously! I "eight" the sandbox! lol!

Beauregard

Reaction score
Such as this painful, hidden gem from TGMC:

Scooter: Popcorn! Popcorn! (Looks at chicken) Popcorn, chicken?

HA! Popcorn chicken! That's hillarious! ... Well, not really, but it is the first time you realize it's supposed to be a joke.
*stares*

*stares*

*stares* OH! I GET IT! Literally, life changing moment for me there, Scoot. I've never seen that as anything other than a quirky Muppet moment...Popcorn chicken...*laughing...a lot*

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I have always felt rather silly for not getting "the telephone pole" bit until someone explained it to me, lol. :embarrassed:

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Ooh, thought of one! Maybe it's just my dirty, adult mind vs. my innocent child mind, but when I was little, I never really thought too much about the pirates who are running for all of the gold during "Love Led Us Here" in MTI. There's a part that two of the pirates run towards each other in slow motion, then I think they end up hugging and throwing gold around. It just seems a lot less innocent and a lot more deliberate now than it did then... Anyone else think it's slightly off-colour? >: )

Super Scooter

Reaction score
I still don't get it.
Fozzie's dressed as a telephone. He claims his name is "Mike Oznowitzki," a Polish name. Therefore, he is the telephone Pole.

Beauregard, I didn't get the popcorn chicken thing until about a month ago. Life-changing for me too, man!