Getting the Jokes (Ten years later)

Kiki

Reaction score
"My wife IS at home" and Gonzo gets flustered and goes on to the next table. There really is alot that probably went over my five year old head.
Same here, it wasn't until a quite a few years back that I actually got it, heehee.

I have always felt rather silly for not getting "the telephone pole" bit until someone explained it to me, lol. :embarrassed:
When I first saw it I roffled so much, but only because I didn't get it, and I found it absurd. A little while afterwards I got it because I have three Polish friends and they're last names have a "ski" at the end. x3

"Voulez vous coucher avec moi ce soir?"
Kermit: "SAY WHA?"
[/URL]
I remember that! The first time I saw it I didn't understnad, but when I saw it when I was about 13 I was like, "....wait a minute", I mean, it's funny, but you still sorta think, I wasn't expecting that!

Yeah, I've had this experience a number of times with different TV shows, mostly noteably TMS and The Simpsons. I've been watching The Simpsons since I was pretty young and I'd often laugh at the more obvious jokes. But for the past few years I've picked on on things -I come form a family who analyse films/shows all the time, so it's no surprise I guess- and how they take the mickey out of society and Tv stereotypes (eg. a housewife), it's amazing how funny the more obscure things are.

APRena

Reaction score
Okay, this is minor but:

Re-re-watching a VHS of Muppet Classic Theater, during the 3 Little Pigs part when the Wolf comes up to Miss Piggy's house made of bricks and she answers the door and he says:
"Oh, a brick house!"
:mad: "You're no junior petite yourself." :mad:

After watching that video like 1000 times I still didn't get it, like, OF COURSE it's a brick house! It's made out of bricks! Duhhhh...

I just got that earlier today.

Nekoshema

Reaction score
Krazedmuppet, it took me until this year to catch that joke too, it was so bad it hurt... course right after i made my sister listen closely, and we recited it to my mom, it was unanimously awful, but still. :embarrassed:

Super Scooter

Reaction score
In IAVMMCM, Kermit confronts Miss Piggy about her work as a fake psychic, and Piggy's response is: "Are you a cop? Because if you are, you have to tell me."

Is this a reference to the false idea that if you ask an undercover police officer (specifically in the case of a... well, inapropriate and illegal line of business) if they're a cop, they're required to tell you?

SesameKermie

Reaction score
I can think of 2, both from "Letters to Santa": :confused: invents a 'wishing machine' and when :eek: tries it out, he wishes for a supermodel, and then later at the party, Bunson cuts in and dances with Beaker.

Frogster

Reaction score
lol definitely the Tony Randall show, where Piggy is turned to stone and Floyd's taking shots at her...

Fozzie: (lifting Stone Piggy up) Boy you sure are heavy, you must at least weigh a ton!
Floyd: That's good, that means she's lost weight!

:sing: Hey Gonzo, did you hear that Miss Piggy is very worried about Kermit?
:concern: Worried about Kermit? Why?
:sing: Well she's worried he'll take her for 'granite'!

lol I saw this when I was like 6, and this is definitely why Floyd's one of my top five faves.