Sesame Street at the Daytime Emmy Awards

mbmfrog

Reaction score
Surprised no Bert and Ernie
You aren't the only one I mean no Grover or Count or Rosita either.

Still it was a great tribute, and even I was rooting for Marty to win the emmy this year as he sort of deserves it as a puppeter. :wisdom:

BEAR

Reaction score
Hi guys!

It was a truly exciting night for Sesame Street! Like you all said, it was fun to see so many of the Human cast members there, but it was also a thrill to see the Muppeteers as well (Carroll Spinney, David Rudman, Fran Brill, Marty Robinson, Leslie Carrerra and, of course, Kevin Clash.)

Ernie wasn't there, but he did get a brief nod by Oscar when he was talking about all the little people he'll thank ("the twiddle bugs that hang out in Ernie's box"...or whatever he said). Also mentioned Slimey and Prairie.

Also, Loretta Long (Susan) wasn't at the Awards, but did anyone else catch her in the video they showed about the Daytime people helping the poor kids? She was there!

muppet baby

Reaction score
First i have to admit that i did something silly the night of the Daytime Emmys i almost forgot about them YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA oh no really it is true and i saw them as flip though the chanels last night LOL so i pushed the record button and cought the last full hour so i did not miss the great honnoring of SS .

They did a wonderful job with the honnor the life time acevemt award and that is why i wanted to see the this years day time emmy awards .

They honnored all of our dear friends with a well disvered honor I LOVE THIS SHOW IT HAS A PEAICE OF MY HEART AS DO ALL THE MUPPETS .

i will i hope that they give this show another 30 years

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Don't worry Arianne, I missed this as well. Rully hope there's some or all of it aired somewhere like the MuppetCast or on the Muppet Mindset. :frown:

Drtooth

Reaction score
So... this time they ACTUALLY gave them a great, well deserved tribute... unlike what Carol got... like a 1 minute bunch of clips from the technical ghetto Emmys they use for Children's Programming (which isn't as important as Judge Judy... why that thing's been on nigh 10 years... what an achievement :rolleyes: )

And what a great time slot...., in the middle of Summer replacement season, unpublicized, on the CW... (you woulda got more viewers if you put it on Telemundo). They really treated the Daytime Emmys well.

Yeah, I missed it.

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Thanks Oscarfan, I am one of the ones who missed it so I'm glad it's on YouTube. Sounds like it was great, I can't wait to watch it!

VoiceChaser

Reaction score
I enjoyed the tribute, as well. I was hoping Marty Robinson would snag the Emmy win, though...

Does anyone know who that is doing Telly's right hand during the acceptance? She's the only one I didn't recognize on stage.

zns

Reaction score
I enjoyed the tribute, as well. I was hoping Marty Robinson would snag the Emmy win, though...

Does anyone know who that is doing Telly's right hand during the acceptance? She's the only one I didn't recognize on stage.
Pam Arciero. She has been doing Telly's right hand with Marty for quite sometime. She also plays Oscar's girlfriend Grundgetta. :grouchy:

zns

Reaction score
So... this time they ACTUALLY gave them a great, well deserved tribute... unlike what Carol got... like a 1 minute bunch of clips from the technical ghetto Emmys they use for Children's Programming (which isn't as important as Judge Judy... why that thing's been on nigh 10 years... what an achievement :rolleyes: )

And what a great time slot...., in the middle of Summer replacement season, unpublicized, on the CW... (you woulda got more viewers if you put it on Telemundo). They really treated the Daytime Emmys well.

Yeah, I missed it.
Caroll greatly deserved that award in 2006. Despite the limited amount of time he had, he was able to give a fantastic thank you speech and got what is probably one of the highest honors in the media to this very day. Both he and the show itself deserve that kind of recognition.