Episodes that Have Stuck with You

Gelfling Girl

Reaction score
I haven't seen Sesame Street in so long, and I don't remember any episodes offhand :frown: but I remember a movie the teachers would show us every in kindergarten-2nd grade in art class. I don't remember much, but it was from back when Snuffy was "imaginary" and it involved him and Big Bird in a museum with an Egyptian boy, and it involved some Egyptian mythology, which may be why I remember it so much.

Does anybody know what I'm talking about? I would love to see it again.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Oh yes, that was the special Don't Eat the Pictures, I remember it well too.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Does anyone know if DETP ever had a DVD release?

Drtooth

Reaction score
There wasn't... and there should be.

The one episode that always stuck with me.... HAPPY CAPS! Telly wearing a giant billed baseball cap, and smacking Elmo with it every five seconds? That stuff made me rip open my spleen laughing.

"Telly should call them DANGEROUS caps!" I've never seen Elmo that Mad. Even with Rocko! :batty:

ssetta

Reaction score
I remember the Happy Caps episode! I actually remember it was from Season 27, and then it reran in Season 29. But here's the real amazing thing about that episode. When it originally aired, it was episode 3432. But then in Season 29, it reran as episode 3692! Isn't that weird? What do you think of THAT?

Oscarfan

Reaction score
But here's the real amazing thing about that episode. When it originally aired, it was episode 3432. But then in Season 29, it reran as episode 3692! Isn't that weird? What do you think of THAT?
I don't get it. :smirk:

I do remember that episode also. I recall the cap put a dent in Elmo's nose and I'm sure I've mentioned this before, but I believe there was a scene where Telly brought the semi-conscious Elmo to the playground, where Carlo was playing "One of these things". The answer was the letter O, which Elmo got right because of his moaning. (Ooooooooooooooo)

Drtooth

Reaction score
Elmo getting beaten up... clearly an episode every classic SS fan must see! :smile:

I swear, some of the funniest moments of SS were back when they had the "Coming up Next Time" previews. I once laughed like crazy at Kingston Livingston's Funky Chicken alphabet, since it was completely out of context. And that stuck with me too.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Does anyone know if DETP ever had a DVD release?
There's VHS copies at The Metropolitan Museum of Art giftshops in NYC. Other than that, the best place to look is the Internet. They really ought to finally get it on DVD.