Episodes that Have Stuck with You

Puckrox

Reaction score
I also loved the series where Oscar's Worm goes into space. I remember my sisters and I were so excited about it we all made extra sure with our mom that if we had to run errands that day (I think it was spring or summer break) that we had to be home in time to watch Sesame Street.
YES. When that first started happening for my brother and I, we would always turn on the TV after school and wait to see if Wormy (was that his name?) had made it to the moon or if he was on his way back! I remember that being so exciting!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I am ashamed of you people for forgetting that Oscar's worm's name is Slimey. :attitude:

Puckrox

Reaction score
I am ashamed of you people for forgetting that Oscar's worm's name is Slimey. :attitude:
I... got the "y" at the end of the name. I pride myself in that much. And, to be fair, I have not watched Sesame Street in over ten years. :stick_out_tongue:

Canadian Fan

Reaction score
I have a few plots that stick out in my mind from the 1980's.

Luis & Maria's wedding was so romantic, getting married on the rooftop (too bad I couldn't find the streets scenes on YouTube so I could watch it again).

Gaby's birth was funny because Oscar could be nice sometimes (I was still watching even when I was almost 10).

Mr. Hooper's death was another one that stuck out.

Miles' adoption, I remember watching this when it originally aired (I think I was in kindergarten) and was so excited to see a new baby on the street.

I did catch some newer episodes on Sesame's official website and the Hurricane episodes were well done in my opinion.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I'm glad they have the hurricane episodes on their site... because my tape is about eaten up, lol.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Suddenly, I'm remembering a couple of babysitting related episodes, I believe both are from Season 31 (I don't know, the latter may actually be 32, I'd have to look at Muppet Wiki).

The first of which I seem to recall involving Big Bird was wanting to have a playdate with Maria, but she was too busy having to suddenly babysit a baby bird, which makes Big Bird jealous because Maria's giving more attention to the baby bird than him, but he suddenly feels useful when she asks him for help when it comes to grooming the baby bird.

The second of which is also Maria babysitting, this time she and Gabi are babysitting Natasha, and Natasha keeps crying out "Hoongie", which Maria and Gabi can't seem to understand what she means, thinking she means things like she's hungry and such; finally towards the end of the story, Ingrid returns and reveals "Hoongie" is her favorite dolly that they forgot to leave with her.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I always remember an episode where Big Bird goes to the grown up's party but is annoyed that there's no games or party favors so he leaves in a huff, lol.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I always remember an episode where Big Bird goes to the grown up's party but is annoyed that there's no games or party favors so he leaves in a huff, lol.
I don't remember that one, but I can sort of sympathize with that... I seem to recall when I was maybe nine or so, my parents, for some reason, had a small party at our house with some of their friends from church and such, they had a few different games set up, and there was one that looked interesting, and I wanted to sit in and learn how to play, but I since I didn't know how to play to begin with, I had to be shooed away.

Oh well, years later, I learned how to play Uno the first time I played, specifically the "vicious" version of the game... and won... first time... and since then, Uno's kind of been my game, lol.