Your Thoughts: Kermit and Miss Piggy on America's Got Talent

Gelfling Girl

Reaction score
Well maybe it will improve as the show goes on!
I can't imagine it getting too much worse...unless the Electric Mayhem shows up and Janice's voice still sounds like a terrible impression. They did fine with Dr. Teeth, but Janice...

Vic Romano

Reaction score
I don't believe it's Steve either, but I don't think the voice was bad at all. However, I do agree the puppetry was stiff.

Eric has come a long long way as a performer. Piggy was great, and I loved the classic Muppet shots on the screen. Nice to see Muppet chickens mixing it up too.

If I have a complaint, it was the bumper with Sharon and Piggy. The Pig/Frog tension jokes have been wearing thin for a while now. I'm not saying they have to nix the tension, but at least try approaching it a little differently. Kermit's CD for Piggy was sweet though. Nice to see some tenderness.

Muppetfan44

Reaction score
Kermit's performance just seemed so ridiculousy unprofessional to me.

It's KERMIT THE FROG! He is a national icon, a franchise, you can't just go on national television and have a performance like that. It takes away so much from the character and the suspension of disbelief that Kermit is really the lovable frog we've known for years. When you have such a valuable asset and such a large national forum (where they haven't been on TV for a while, you cannot under any circumstances have a performance like that without hurting the franchise) I can't believe how much Disney dropped the ball on this one. This is really saddenning. I'm just ridiculously shockd and hurt as a fan. Oh please let that never happen again! I hope someone can figure out what the heck happened. Disney get you act together and quit messing with my characters!

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Kermit's performance just seemed so ridiculousy unprofessional to me.

It's KERMIT THE FROG! He is a national icon, a franchise, you can't just go on national television and have a performance like that. It takes away so much from the character and the suspension of disbelief that Kermit is really the lovable frog we've known for years. When you have such a valuable asset and such a large national forum (where they haven't been on TV for a while, you cannot under any circumstances have a performance like that without hurting the franchise) I can't believe how much Disney dropped the ball on this one. This is really saddenning. I'm just ridiculously shockd and hurt as a fan. Oh please let that never happen again! I hope someone can figure out what the heck happened. Disney get you act together and quit messing with my characters!
I'm feeling much the same way, Arianne. I'm just so confused as to WHY this would happen. The only rationalizing I can do is that Steve must be sick. He must be extremely ill or have no voice and just could NOT be there. There's no other explanation. Surely... But... I'm agreeing with you. There could be MASSIVE, terrible reprocussions from this. My gosh I hope there aren't... At least Piggy was shining... I'm just keeping that in mind.

jeremyactor

Reaction score
I'm feeling much the same way, Arianne. I'm just so confused as to WHY this would happen. The only rationalizing I can do is that Steve must be sick. He must be extremely ill or have no voice and just could NOT be there. There's no other explanation. Surely... But... I'm agreeing with you. There could be MASSIVE, terrible reprocussions from this. My gosh I hope there aren't... At least Piggy was shining... I'm just keeping that in mind.
You would think that if Steve was sick, that they would have just made it a solo-Piggy act. Or had Hasselhoff sing it with her.

To be fair, unless it was Jim or Steve doing the performing, it was most likely going to be met with a "WHAT? That was terrible!" Let's be honest.