America's Got Talent Thread Closure

Luke

Reaction score
I like that we all disagree on the alternative-Kermit issue. I liked the performance, and I appreciate that others didn't.
I can see how some would have seen it as (in parts) a bit Jim'ish - but what came out of his mouth when he told the host to play the CD ... more like Piggy ... i don't know what they were thinking breaking in an "alternate" Kermit on something that big. Guess we don't know the full story though.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Can I just say one more thing? (Yes, I know I've been on the soap box all afternoon...and frankly it's a little slippery up here!) I love MC. Always have. Always will. Regardless of anything anyone says or does. Home is where the heart is, and my heart is still here. Love it. Really, genuinely do.

That's all.

- Beau

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Can I just say one more thing? (Yes, I know I've been on the soap box all afternoon...and frankly it's a little slippery up here!) I love MC. Always have. Always will. Regardless of anything anyone says or does. Home is where the heart is, and my heart is still here. Love it. Really, genuinely do.

That's all.

- Beau
...and the post disappears due to the disparaging comment pertaining to soap boxes because a member from 6 years ago now manages the national soap box manufacturing corporation. :wink:

Bannanasketch

Reaction score
I agree with most all of you. I think that opinion is a big part of what keeps this forum going. If there is a performance in which the members of this forum do not like, I believe that these members have a right to state their opinion. I believe that you members should be angry at the closing of the thread. Granted, some comments were very harsh, those comments should have just have been removed and not the closing of the entire thread. the point of the thread was to give our thoughts on the performance and the members of this forum did. The debate there was structured and many posted their views on the performance.

Also the rule states, "When posting about an individual, please keep in mind the person and/or their family may be reading your message. While it's fine and appropriate to critique their work on a particular Henson production (whether you liked it or not), please be respectful of a performer's personal life at all times."

The members posting were not attacking this performer's personal life but rather his performance. Whether I liked the performance or not (which I didnt), I would still defend the right of the members to post their views and opinions on this forum.

-Bannanasketch

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Thanks for bringing back the thread. Thread closures used to be a final option. It's just happening too frequently these days for what appear to be ambiguous reasons.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Thanks Phil and Gang! *hands around a basket of muffins with a bow* Pass on the peace pipe, no?