STOP with the thread closures already!

Status
Not open for further replies.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I'm just about on my last nerve pertaining to the pointless thread closures.

Member SJohnson wrote this one post in the thread he created titled "Dark Crystal Spoof on Robot Chicken" :

Did anyone see the Dark Crystal Spoof on Robot Chicken? It's pretty funny.
_____​

That's it, no flamings, no responses, no anything. Moderator - The Count - closed the Robot Chicken thread due to what he viewed as potential problems. I will say this in bold:

This could very well be the last straw for me with Muppet Central.

I spent countless hours designing graphics for a place that on many levels has disappointed me in recent years. Now the forum seems to be all that's left and every conversation seems to be getting cut off at the knees even if there isn't any problem.

Dude, I'm a very gay guy living in San Francisco. I like the Muppets, Robot Chicken and freedom of conversation. All of these things should be able to be said here at Muppet Central! The recent thread closures seem to be ones of personal taste of the moderator. It's a fascist abuse of moderation and I will call it that every time I see it. Maybe the moderation staff needs to be reconfigured. I'm just tired of seeing pointless thread closures. That should be a last resort, but has become a pastime!

Please cut it out and reopen the thread. I was hoping to see a link. What's next? Are we going to completely remove all the Meet the Feebles threads? And what about the religious threads that support a particular sect over others? Where does it stop?

Freedom of Speech at Muppet Central for All!
FSMC4A
six little letters to write at the bottom of a post you feel might be censored
:batty:

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
I strongly agree. Last year, I attempted to start a thread on the Nostalgia Critic. Because the Critic isn't the most family-friendly guy, I put a warning about the Critic's strong language in the thread title. A few people responded to it but less than 12 hours... it's deleted. The Nostalgia Critic was brought up weeks later when he reviewed Follow that Bird and all other times the Critic is brought up there are no problems. What the hey? :grouchy:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I strongly agree. Last year, I attempted to start a thread on the Nostalgia Critic. Because the Critic isn't the most family-friendly guy, I put a warning about the Critic's strong language in the thread title. A few people responded to it but less than 12 hours... it's deleted. The Nostalgia Critic was brought up weeks later when he reviewed Follow that Bird and all other times the Critic is brought up there are no problems. What the hey? :grouchy:
I remember. Thanks so much for that. I watch it a lot especially on days that I need a good laugh. www.thatguywiththeglasses.com

And here's the Robot Chicken clip for the Dark Crystal.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
...Are you SERIOUS? There was a closure for the Robot Chicken Dark Crystal appearance...? SERIOUSLY? That is unbelievable. What the... WHY? What is the reason? We've had threads about Robot Chicken before! Why... Unbelievable. This is grating my last nerves too. I've already been seriously reconsidering my time spent on MC after lsat week, and this is certainly not helping at all.

:grouchy: STOP CLOSING THREADS! :grouchy:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
...Are you SERIOUS? There was a closure for the Robot Chicken Dark Crystal appearance...? SERIOUSLY? That is unbelievable. What the... WHY? What is the reason? We've had threads about Robot Chicken before! Why... Unbelievable. This is grating my last nerves too. I've already been seriously reconsidering my time spent on MC after lsat week, and this is certainly not helping at all.

STOP CLOSING THREADS!
I think the censorship here has spread more flames than any actual post or debate. I still want to stick around. I like using the little Muppet smileys I made. :coy: :hungry: :flirt: But I've actually spent some time typing out thoughtful posts just to hit the submit button and find that the thread has been closed - and usually for a stupid reason.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
I think the censorship here has spread more flames than any actual post or debate. I still want to stick around. I like using the little Muppet smileys I made. :coy: :hungry: :flirt: But I've actually spent some time typing out thoughtful posts just to hit the submit button and find that the thread has been closed - and usually for a stupid reason.
Completely agree. I have no desire to leave this place--it's my home away from home while I'm at home. The amount of harmless thread closures is just ridiculous and is pushing more and more people over the edge.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Completely agree. I have no desire to leave this place--it's my home away from home while I'm at home. The amount of harmless thread closures is just ridiculous and is pushing more and more people over the edge.
I will remark the Robot Chicken's Gelfling gyrations could be considered disturbing by some and the whole thing is banned in that Footloose town where they've outlawed dancing! :coy: :scary:

I think recent developments are a result of too much power in one moderator's hands. It used to be a team effort in order to keep things in check, but mods get busy. Moderation is a tough job that requires a soft touch. Now watch the term soft touch get misinterpreted.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
frogboy4 said:
I think recent developments are a result of too much power in one moderator's hands. It used to be a team effort in order to keep things in check, but mods get busy. Moderation is a tough job that requires a soft touch. Now watch the term soft touch get misinterpreted.
That's exactly it. There aren't enough moderators moderating. We have... what, four? Five mods? Let's face it, Ed is the only active one. He's bound to make a few mistakes. There just aren't ANY OTHER moderators around here. I know they're busy, and they have lives, etc., but Phil, c'mon, you can keep them on the team, we just need to see more staff variation around here.

Colbynfriends

Reaction score
I didn't even know we couldn't talk about RC anymore. I'm surprized I didn't get a PM about it after my post on it in the TV Muppet Referance thread.

Skeeter Muppet

Reaction score
Okay I, personally didn't care for the Robot Chicken Dark Crystal sketch. But there is no reason to sacrifice a chance for civilized conversation to prevent "ardent flaming".

I don't know what saddens me more: the censorship, or the appearance that the mods have so little trust in us regular citizens of MC to actually talk normally about a subject that might - might - cause problems.

The Count said:
Robot Chicken has become a subject we don't post about here at MC, as it has led to some pretty arduent flamings
Was there a formal announcement on this, or just the opinion of a few mods whose minds we're expected to read in order to know about a rules change?

-Kim

Status
Not open for further replies.