The New Movie: The Muppets

Drtooth

Reaction score
Everything is PURE speculation at this point. Dw brought up a good point to think about. Now, what IF they do a movie different from that script? Or what if we have another Fraggle movie situation, and Segal and Stoller wrote the basic outline and first draft of the script to be handed over to a different writer who would finish it? Or have they just decided on a different plot and script all together.

There's a difference... we know more about the status of the FR movie than this one because the person writing and working on it has a blog. And we know all the updates, and the progress- good or bad.

Until I see something official, I don't know what is going on... and wild speculations will only lead to discontent and negativity. Again, DW brought up a point to think about. Not something we should wildly guess about what's going on.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Well as far as Rowlf I really thought that when he was in the Youtube videos that it was a sing that he was going to be used more. However he was barely in LTS, and we really didn't see him much anywhere else. I think what they are trying to do know is work on getting Chef and Dr. Teeth as main players again, and then work on Rowlf. at least that is what I think.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Well as far as Rowlf I really thought that when he was in the Youtube videos that it was a sing that he was going to be used more. However he was barely in LTS, and we really didn't see him much anywhere else. I think what they are trying to do know is work on getting Chef and Dr. Teeth as main players again, and then work on Rowlf. at least that is what I think.
I don't think we have ANYTHING to worry about as far as Rowlf (or any of the main characters from The Muppet Show days) being in the film. Rowlf's part in LTS was a revolutionary amount in comparison to the other recent Muppet films--and starring in the Skateboarding Dog YouTube video? That was epic. I have no doubt that Rowlf will be in the movie. None whatsoever.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I don't think we have ANYTHING to worry about as far as Rowlf (or any of the main characters from The Muppet Show days) being in the film. Rowlf's part in LTS was a revolutionary amount in comparison to the other recent Muppet films--and starring in the Skateboarding Dog YouTube video? That was epic. I have no doubt that Rowlf will be in the movie. None whatsoever.
I think it was Scooter we were worrying about. The word was that he didn't have much to say in one of the early drafts. :wink:

theprawncracker

Reaction score
I think it was Scooter we were worrying about. The word was that he didn't have much to say in one of the early drafts. :wink:
Indeed. But... again, I don't think we really need to worry. Scooter was pretty big in LTS and he had a speaking part at D23 so I think he'll be in the film. :big_grin: