The New Movie: The Muppets

Drtooth

Reaction score
Anyway, its in the past. Muppets' Oz was made under Michael Eisner's watch, and he's gone now.
I can't even blame Disney for anything (unless the rush through production was really their doing, as the script and everything was decided before hand. The movie basically just coincided with their announcement to purchase them from Henson.

Gonzo's Hobbit

Reaction score
Quite honestly, I kinda liked the mundane things they did in MFS because it set up the story in my mind as showing how everybody has sort of settled into this life and they've acheived a sense or normalcy. Then along comes Gonzo who is looking for something (family, belonging) and it pulls everyone out of it for a bit.

I wasn't all that thrilled with Wizard of Oz, because it seemed very disjointed at times and I didn't understand certain desicions that had een made. I also really did not like the casting done for Dorothy.

Nick22

Reaction score
i just hope this movie is better than MFS and Oz. i just want some of the old muppet magic back. like the stuff they've got on youtube and the disney website. that's some of the best muppet stuff we've seen in forever.

dmoss

Reaction score
Sounds promising! Imagine some of the funny stuff they could do with Piggy's outfits...also, there's Kermit's misfortune, but I don't know quite how I feel about that. Why would Kermit be separated from the others? Why is Piggy separated also? Will Fozzie be a major player in this film? When will this announcer run out of questions to ask? Tune in next time to find out! :insatiable:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
It seems that they have everything taken care of. The only thing that concerned me was reports that it took 10 pages to get any Muppets on screen. That would be a mistake, one I don't think Disney would allow. Otherwise, it seems right on the mark from the little we hear.

MuppetVision

Reaction score
i just hope this movie is better than MFS and Oz. i just want some of the old muppet magic back. like the stuff they've got on youtube and the disney website. that's some of the best muppet stuff we've seen in forever.
I agree. The new muppet stuff on youtube reminds me so much of the classic muppets that I love, and I hope the new movie really focuses on what made the Muppet's famous in the first place, and made the original movies work so well. :big_grin:

Drtooth

Reaction score
It really seems like all new reports are coming off of old plot points from the leaked script. It was, after all, leaked, and any one in their right mind would have changed things up after that, so they can keep the audience surprised. I really hope they changed the bit about 10 minutes before they appear in the movie.

Yorick

Reaction score
Jason Siegel (sp?) was on Jimmy Fallon that time talking about doing a Muppet Movie...and how he loves the Muppets...sorry, I didn't read the entire thread, but is he still involved?

GuySmileyfan

Reaction score
Jason Siegel (sp?) was on Jimmy Fallon that time talking about doing a Muppet Movie...and how he loves the Muppets...sorry, I didn't read the entire thread, but is he still involved?
I think so.