Where is Steve Whitmire Petition

Status
Not open for further replies.

unclematt

Reaction score
I just want to make a quick comment on how well this thread turned around. I have not seen a negative post toward another member in a long time. Nice Job everyboy.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Oh?
So if a film is hand-drawn that automatically makes it a good film?
I'm going way off topic here to respond to both this and Frogboy's posts...

Indeed the method of animation does not ensure a good project... a good looking one, sure... but it all comes down to story. Again, i bring my 2 examples... Pocahontas was a good looking movie, but it was the most dull, boring, and overrated thing I've ever seen come out of the Disney studios. And then take the old Bullwinkle show. Terrible Mexican animation (It even embarrassed Jay Ward and crew at points)... but the writing shone through, making it a lot more memorable, storywise.

Of course, you could have BOTH terrible animation and visuals and terrible script... you wind up getting Clutch Cargo... or at least those terrible Pixar ripoffs made in Brazil.

Disney had a LOT of misfires with 2-D films... and certainly Dreawmorks blanketed the market with meh 2-D films as well (long before they showed any interest in CGI).

What it comes down to is the oversaturization of CGI movies, especially from third parties like Sony (they have no freaking business in the business if you ask me)... most of which come off gimmicky and have a general air of wannabe-ism. Mainly companies that wanna be Dreamworks, making pop culture driven, derivative Shrek clones. Did we need 2 Happily Never After movies? Did people even notice that there was one to begin with?

gatomon

Reaction score
is steve back

just saw the disney give a day ads and it sounds like steve doing kermit maybe that where hes been.

note:just a note plese dont flame me.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Why would we flame you? That's a good observation. Let's hope you're right.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Today I sent postcards of support to Steve, c/o The Muppet Studios. One from me, one from SWAEHB. Just to let him know we still care about him, and are fully supportive.

Luke

Reaction score
just saw the disney give a day ads and it sounds like steve doing kermit maybe that where hes been.

note:just a note plese dont flame me.
The ads were filmed before Steve dissapeared, but the launch was after, and Kermit is there, and yes its Steve.

Status
Not open for further replies.