Where is Steve Whitmire Petition

Status
Not open for further replies.

unclematt

Reaction score
Are they really obligated to say that they did not perform a character?

dwmckim

Reaction score
Usually performers (Muppetry or other actors in general) are bound by non-disclosure agreements in terms of revealing major spoilers in an upcoming production. Under normal circumstances, a Muppeteer would not have to be silent in terms of discussing the characters they play, but substitute Kermit is not a normal circumstance - someone other than the official performer stepped in to play not only a major character but basically the "icon" for the Muppet cast. In this rare circumstance, it would not be unthinkable that Artie may be under a gag order - doesn't even have to be anything as official or legal as a contract; it could also very easily just a verbal agreement of "This is sensitive information and we would strongly appreciate if you keep silent about your involvement" "Yes of course. I understang completely" and honoring that.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Yeah. I see what you're saying and you're probably right. I wasn't really expecting Artie to come out and say something. I was just sort of hoping we'd hear something from the Henson company at least hinting about what was going on and determining whether or not it would happen again. But I understand what you mean about them wanting to keep this info confidential.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
just saw the disney give a day ads and it sounds like steve doing kermit maybe that where hes been.
Yeah! I saw that and was wondering about it.

But really good news to hear Steve's still here! Good keeping a heads up everybody!

Drtooth

Reaction score
Usually performers (Muppetry or other actors in general) are bound by non-disclosure agreements in terms of revealing major spoilers in an upcoming production. Under normal circumstances, a Muppeteer would not have to be silent in terms of discussing the characters they play, but substitute Kermit is not a normal circumstance - someone other than the official performer stepped in to play not only a major character but basically the "icon" for the Muppet cast. In this rare circumstance, it would not be unthinkable that Artie may be under a gag order - doesn't even have to be anything as official or legal as a contract; it could also very easily just a verbal agreement of "This is sensitive information and we would strongly appreciate if you keep silent about your involvement" "Yes of course. I understang completely" and honoring that.

Plus, we coulda scared him off. :shifty:

chrislynch

Reaction score
Any Update?

Are there any updates on where Steve Whitemire is? Is he still with the Muppets?

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
Lylle Breier has responded to my email (and to emails from other fans) with the following statement:

We also absolutely appreciate constructive criticism, which brings me to your comments about Kermit. I can assure you that if we ever decide to substitute a performer, we do not do so lightly or arbitrarily, only after careful consideration. Beyond that, however, I hope you can understand that we are not in a position to discuss our private business dealings with any performer.
Perhaps, you'd be more willing to tell the email adress that you used? Please? And I apologize for bumping this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.