Gonzo doesn't appear on America's Got Talent

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
i think the gonzo puppet was just a fluke,kinda just a needed puppet at the time and that was the only gonzo available, i mean ive seen some muppet puppets that look bad, theres been a few Gonzos alreadys and like someone said there where a few fozzies

Gelfling Girl

Reaction score
Meh, I don't follow them much at all. I didn't catch the Kermit/Piggy appearance either. I'm not going to channel surf obsessively. I don't like making tv watching a scavenger hunt. I watch to kill time or enjoy myself. Muppet references are just a happy surprise.
Yeah, I pretty much just happened to come across a rerun of America's Funniest Home Videos with the Muppets on it, which was pretty cool, but I didn't plan on it or anything. It was just a good surprise.

dwmckim

Reaction score
Wouldn't it be just like Gonzo to make an unexpected unannounced cameo on The Office, have someone ask "what are YOU doing here?" and Gonzo reply "Oops - wrong night!"

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Wouldn't it be just like Gonzo to make an unexpected unannounced cameo on The Office, have someone ask "what are YOU doing here?" and Gonzo reply "Oops - wrong night!"
*laughs* That would have been a-MAZ-ing.

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Ya' know, since LTS I thought things were going to keep getting better. Oh, how wrong I was!

First Steve disappears off the face of the planet with no explanation and now THIS!

WHY MUST THE TORTURE US SO!

They just spent $4 billion to buy Marvel yet they won't spend extra on puppets! I know it's good business sense and all but, IT'S RIDICILOUS! IT'S OUTRAGEOUS! IT'S SOMETHING I CAN'T MENTION WITH CHILDREN PRESENT!

No offence to either Disney or The Puppet Heap, but that's like suddenly switching from (insert brand name here) to an inferior rip-off brand! The Muppet Workshop has been making the characters for over fifty years and Disney thinks they can suddenly switch companies on us and everything will be alright! It's...it's...it's still something I can't mention with children present!

There, I have vented. :cool:

We now return you to your regularly scheduled thread, already in progress:
Actually, they switched puppet companies back in either 2004 or 2005, shortly after they bought the Muppets.

ZeppoAndFriends

Reaction score
Actually, they switched puppet companies back in either 2004 or 2005, shortly after they bought the Muppets.
Let me rephrase that.

First they switch puppet makers on us, then Steve disappears of the face of the planet with no explanation WHAT NEXT!

Drtooth

Reaction score
Nice one.

I always thought they should find a way to have a Muppet Cameo on that show... similar to what they did with Jack Black and Cloris Leachman... have them watch a video or web video of the Muppets performing an exclusive skit or something.... the Office writers are huge Muppet fans and all... Ricky Gervais from the original British version especially.

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
Let me rephrase that.

First they switch puppet makers on us, then Steve disappears of the face of the planet with no explanation WHAT NEXT!
i think the apocolypse..you know Kermit vs Mickey for the sake of our souls kinda thing

Luke

Reaction score
Let me rephrase that.

Henson closed the majority of the Muppet Workshop facilities, the people who were let go went and formed Puppet Heap. There isn't a major difference between companies, they are all mostly Henson taught. :wink: