Will John Denver & the Muppets: A Christmas Together get a DVD release?

djspurlin

Reaction score
Does anyone have any idea if this is ever going to be released on DVD? The CD has been out for decades, and there are clips of the show on YouTube. I would absolutely love to be able to show it to my kids, but I have never seen it anywhere since the original showing.

THanks!

MelissaY1

Reaction score
Does anyone have any idea if this is ever going to be released on DVD? The CD has been out for decades, and there are clips of the show on YouTube. I would absolutely love to be able to show it to my kids, but I have never seen it anywhere since the original showing.

THanks!
I bought it on a really great bootleg DVD off of IOffer.com I can't wait to finally see this for the first time this holiday season...I'm guessing the reason this has never come out is it has something to do with John Denver's estate and/or copyright issues with the music.

JJandJanice

Reaction score

THanks!
Well I wouldn't bet on it, myself. As MelissaY1 has already mention it could be a music lincese issue and Disney already has their hands full with getting the music rights for the Muppet show, which is why it takes so long for releases between seasons. I think it's safe to say that the Muppet show would be more a seller than John Denvew and the Muppets: A Christmas Together, :smirk:.

But if you really want it that bad, you should try out the "buy, sell and trade" thread. One person on this fourm I've gotten a few specials from is Kermieclown and quatily of them are surpising great, :big_grin:. I got old Sam and Friends, Wilkin's Coffee Commericials, an unedited Muppet Family Christmas, the Muppets at Walt Disney World (could be my favorite) and (maybe somewhat oddly) Jim Henson's Funeral. I would advise you to check with him.

MelissaY1

Reaction score
Well I wouldn't bet on it, myself. As MelissaY1 has already mention it could be a music lincese issue and Disney already has their hands full with getting the music rights for the Muppet show, which is why it takes so long for releases between seasons. I think it's safe to say that the Muppet show would be more a seller than John Denvew and the Muppets: A Christmas Together, :smirk:.

But if you really want it that bad, you should try out the "buy, sell and trade" thread. One person on this fourm I've gotten a few specials from is Kermieclown and quatily of them are surpising great, :big_grin:. I got old Sam and Friends, Wilkin's Coffee Commericials, an unedited Muppet Family Christmas, the Muppets at Walt Disney World (could be my favorite) and (maybe somewhat oddly) Jim Henson's Funeral. I would advise you to check with him.
I don't think Jim Henson's funeral is so odd to have. I was on the fence about getting a copy for a long time and finally bought one recently also from IOffer.com :smile: I figured since it was more of a celebration anyway and the event was open to the public it's not like I was peering in at some private family moment. It's actually a beautiful ceremony with some really nice Muppet moments in there.

Reaction score
John Denver and the Muppets: A Christmas Together

:eek: Does anybody know if John Denver and the muppets a xmas together has been or will be released on dvd. I've been waiting a long time. Check every now and then. Have heard nothing. Thought maybe someone else has. Thanks

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
Sadly, "John Denver and The Muppets: A Christmas Together" has still not been released to Beta, VHS, Laser Disc, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other system that I know of. (Though if I'm wrong, someone please let me know.)
I would love to see it come to video sometime. "John Denver and The Muppets: Rocky Mountain Holiday" was released to VHS and DVD back in 2003. I would love to have this Christmas special available as well.:search::concern: