'preserved in baggies'

CherryPizza

Reaction score
Hey,

Recent eBay searches :search: have revealed a number of auctions for Palisades collections which have a description that's some variation of: "Never played with or displayed, figures and accessories preserved in baggies, placed into baggies as soon as they were removed from their packaging".

What I don't understand is why someone who is interested in 'preserving' figures would remove them from the original packaging at all. If they are being preserved for collecting purposes, wouldn't it just make sense to keep them MOC?

Can anyone enlighten me?

And while you're at it, can you tell me what a 'baggie' is and how it's different from a 'bag'? I'm imagining it's some sort of USA term that isn't used here.

muppets2

Reaction score
yea i dont know why they didnt keep the original packaging

but a baggie is like a small paper bag or ziploc and a bag is bigger (i think)

The Narrator

Reaction score
A lot of toys are removed from their outer packaging for a number of reasons; usually due to extremely distressed packaging or storage reasons. These typically go for lower costs than those who have retained their packaging, but, if you're looking to actually display or play with the figure than the fig being stored in a baggie shouldn't matter. And, often they are referring to ziplock bags kept in cool, dry place or sealed plastic bags that still allow breathing.

GonzoLover85

Reaction score
To be fair, I was talking about size.
A bag is bigger than a baggie.
Just like a dog is bigger than a doggie.

I wasn't talking about excrement in the least.